Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Looking for suggestions - polyester material
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for suggestions - polyester material Next Topic  

Patricia
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Patricia
Hertford North Carolina
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  09:01:13 AM  Show Profile
My sister recently gave me a lot of polyester material and I am looking for something to do with it - any suggestions would be appreciated - I do not like to waste anything - I quilt a lot but this is not suitable for that - many thanks - Patricia

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:18:07 AM  Show Profile
Can you post a picture of some of it?

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:20:59 AM  Show Profile
Patricia,

I have actually seen a few quilts made out of just polyester fabrics- front, back and batting. It was actually really pretty. I think it was a wall hanging or just a decoration of some sort I really don't remember. What does the fabric look like, do you have a photo?

But other than that you could make tote bags, men's ties (if the pattern is right, although I have seen some really strange ties, lol). Go with your imagination, I am sure you will come up with something and do take a photo of the item that you do make.

Farmgirl Sister #710

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

www.MurrayDesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:48:55 AM  Show Profile
You could use it to make rugs if you have enough. Polyester, as we all know, wears like iron. You could get some really nice, washable, long lasting rugs out of it.

I have a great quilt made out of polyester. I've had it since I was alittle girls. I've used it on my bed, hung over a doorway, dogs have laid on it, it got left outside and rained on. It still looks brand new.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for suggestions - polyester material Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page