Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
What was or is your dream farm?
Maggie

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  6:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Twenty or more acres-fields and woods, big New England farm house with gingerbread trim porch on a hill--Red barn, two maple trees in the front yard, on a dirt road.

Sigh....

Someday

Smiles,
Lisa

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:29:13 PM  Show Profile
My dream farm is a place where everything is fixed and works! Good fencing for the right animals. Nice gravel paths, not mud. Nice hen house up on blocks with a nice wood floor that doesn't flood. Enough grass and hay and brush for all the animals. Good garden soil, nice and rich and black. NO WEEDS! Nice shade trees and lots of fruit trees and bushes. Nice controlled flower gardens. NO WEEDS! Nice farmhouse with plenty of room on a little hill with a cellar for cold storage. A BARN with stalls and a hay loft. Nice corrals. A place for a windmill up on the hill out back.

Oh, what a nice dream I'm having here. I better wake up now and get to work!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Oct 13 2009 9:30:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  05:40:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh I'd love to have a log cabin in the middle of a bunch of acres at least 50 or more. So I could have as many critters as I wanted and no neighbors for shooting them for getting in their manicured yard! A big nice barn and a tire swing in a big oak tree. Oh the life that would be! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Shmemily
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Emily
Hillsboro Ohio
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  05:57:47 AM  Show Profile
5-10 acres with some shady, mature sycamores and maples and oaks dotted around a house with a wraparound porch. An acre or so fenced off for some goats and a couple rescued racehorses. A garden patch, a chicken coop...All framed by a beautiful view of some gently rolling hills in the distance.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  09:29:06 AM  Show Profile
My place, just moved, lock, stock and barrel back home to Missouri

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

MommaJ9
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Kimberly
Longview Washington
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  4:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow...50 acres with fencing (standing), large red barn with stalls and big hayloft, trees scattered about, private pond stocked with bass or trout, an off-grid log home with solar and wind power, 4 seasons that only last as long as they're supposed to, an orchard and garden bigger than what we have now, along with a few beehives, a couple of horses to move the cattle (that are of course,raised organically), a chicken coop that matches the house, (full of my "girls"), a smokehouse, greenhouse and root cellar, and a tire swing that hangs from the large oak in the front yard! If it's not too much to ask...
Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about the tractor with all the attachments and that everything was already paid off by a relative I never met, who knew I would love the farm the best...now THAT is too much to ask!
Farmgirl #783
http://jabezfarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - MommaJ9 on Oct 16 2009 6:07:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  6:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, LMAO

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:30:24 PM  Show Profile
Perfect Kimberly!

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:25:50 PM  Show Profile
Krisrin and all: your ideal farms are my idea too. But, I want plenty to help to take care of it. I'd like lots of kids to make it lively and fun so I can do my grandma thing. I love kids and I miss having them around. If you live in Minnesota could I borrow some of them once and awhile?

Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MommaJ9
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Kimberly
Longview Washington
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Well Bonnie, I don't live in Minnesota, but I do have 9 kids, 3 sons-in-law, 1 granddaughter and a grandson on the way...I'd sure loan a few to you if you lived closer! *wink*wink*

Farmgirl #783
http://jabezfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  4:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kimberly. I sure could use them. And we'd have lots of fun too. Thanks

Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  06:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Actually, Paradise is my dream farm. 60 acres, with cows, chickens, pigs, dogs and a couple of barn cats. Now, I want to expand my dream and have Paradise pay for itself. That's the hard part. Trying to decide just how to accomplish that! I have great ideas, but I just have to keep on plodding along until they are realized!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
They all sound wonderful ladies!! Here is my dream..
My dream is to have a beautiful log cabin house out in the country. I would love to have 10 acers or so of land. A big barn to keep my horses, cows, goats, chickens, sheep, dogs, cats, etc. To have a big garden where I grow my own herbs and vegtables. Then to have a big orchard with apple trees, cherry trees, pear trees, you name it. :) I would love to have flowers plainted infront of the house with a white picket fence surounding the house, and to have a bench swing on the porch. It is my dream! We shall see if it will come true! Thank you all again for sharing with me!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

WendyDeLaTorre
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

WENDY
Shiocton WI
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  01:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see WendyDeLaTorre's MSN Messenger address
I wanted to have a place in Montana where I could have enough land to have wild horses and a few head of cattle along with a couple of milk cows and lots of chickens and other poultry. A place where some troubled kids could live and learn.
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Maryan
Green Forest AR
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  6:13:56 PM  Show Profile
I love reading all of your dream farms. I thank God that I am living on my dream farm, it just needs lots of work to bring it back to life. We have a new log house, an old barn in need of repair. The horses and tractor are covered and dry. The chicken coop is old, we tore the floor out last weekend and need to finish repairing it. The greenhouse has broken windblown fiberglass sheeting needing replacing, but the "bones" are good. Have a wonderful garden spot that is fenced. A 25 year old orchard with apples, pears and peaches that need lots of pruning. A grape vineyard in need of pruning. I have 2 cats, 2 horses, and a wonderful big rott. who thinks he is a human. I am so blessed!! I just need LOTS of energy and about 40 hours in a day. HELP!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Well, Channah: My dream farms would be 100 acres to become a home for cats and dogs that are dumped off! Of course, I'd have a few goats, horses, etc... I don't know about chickens because the cats would probably chase them and catch them. LOL. I'd also want a couple of big red barns to house the cats and dogs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  7:36:30 PM  Show Profile
My dream is to maybe someday own 10 or 20 acres of land, maybe even more. I would want it to be in a climate where there are four distint seasons, like Wisonsin. I would have a large farm house and a large barn. I would want goats, horses, cows, and maybe some chickens. I would grow all my own veggies and maybe some fruits. I would also have sheep so I could spin my own yarn. All of the vegetables would be grown organically, and I would try to be as self-sufficient as possible. I know this all sounds very far-fetched, but it is my ultimate dream farm.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness, I left out some parts of my dream farm! Oh terrible! I want a big herb garden so I can make ointments and things for myself, family and animals. I'm all for natural and Organic! And I would really like to have animals that were abused, hurt, and mistreated, so that I could help them and get them healthy again. I want them to know that not all humans are bad and for them to know that someone loves them so very much. I don't care what breed they are, they can be horses, cats, dogs, rabbits, sheep, cows, you name it. They will always find a loving and caring place in my home. If non of my other dreams come true I pray with all my heart that this one does.

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:17:27 AM  Show Profile
my dream has always been... acres and acres of wild flowers blooming and I'll wander through them taking in the eye candy colors and the heavenly scents with a bright farmhouse and wrap around porch with a bench swing, and inside contains a bright cheery country kitchen.

.....and more than enough room for all the rescued beagles to romp around!

...dreams are goals without a deadline!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures

Edited by - Karrieann on Mar 08 2010 08:19:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love your dream Karrieann! I love wild flowers and would be there right with you walking through them!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  07:37:30 AM  Show Profile
I wish you were all my neighbors! What fun we could have talking, laughing and most of all sharing in the day to day work.
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile
I would like my place to be totally self sufficient. I would like a medical herb garden, which I am starting. But being so I have everything right here. My own milk, eggs, honey, garden, chickens, grazing area. Iam trying to work on it just like the rest of you. In time we will all have perfect places. Unless the cow gets out, the chickens hide thier eggs. haha Vicki #280
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  08:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Denise, I agree 100%! I wish we lived closer. We would all have so much fun!! Victoria, I love your dream farm!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:02:17 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had my grandparents farm. 60 acres with a creek, large garden, apple, peach, nectarine, and cherry trees. Plenty of wild blackberries and grapes. A barn with a few head of cattle and a couple of horses. A chicken coop with good layers and a proud rooster. A dirt cellar full of the blessings of summer, freezer overflowing with the bounty of the garden. Shelves full of home canned goodness. A ringer washer on the back porch, and a comfy rocker and swing on the front porch. A good solid clothes line in the yard with the wash flapping in the breeze. A profusion of flowers surrounding the yard.. how I miss that.
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:08:56 PM  Show Profile
To dream the possible dream. I live in Idaho and we first had 1 acre that wasn't enough, then moved to 10 acres that wasn't enough, now we are on 20 acres and are dreaming of when we can get more. We moved here with all things new, barn, house, chicken coop, etc. The tractor broke down, we had to buy a new one. IT snowed and we had 6 feet on the ground at one time two years in a row. We had the barn flood both years. We had the coyotes kill the ducks and most of the chickens. Etc. But ya know what, we wouldn't trade this life for anything. We raised two boys and now a grandson lives with us and we are very happy here and we know that when we send the grands out to play that they are safe.

WE love it. Farm life is wonderful.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic What was.. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page