Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 It's going to be a wet fall, ya'll.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic It's going to be a wet fall, ya'll. Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  06:29:08 AM  Show Profile
It is raining yet again. It is so wet here there is no where for all this water to go except to make more lakes and ponds and streams. It's just soppin' wet. So gloomy and just plain ole yucky! My hubby's in Ark. now and said it's raining there, too. So I guess it's wet all over. Hopefully in California, too.

Ya'll try and stay dry out there.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  08:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Kris, our area is supposed to start getting some rain tonight/tomorrow morn, thru wed eve. We really, really need it, I'm sorry you are getting too much rain, I will keep you all in my thoughts that you do not have more damage.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Yep, us too. We are supposed to get 4-7 inches in the next two days. It's either feast or famine around here. They are sending out flash flood warnings and 50+ mph winds are expected. Spent yesterday getting ready. I don't mind the rain at all, like Teresa said California desperatly needs the water but, the high winds I hate. We live in the boonies and our power goes out for days. YUCK! Great excuse to sit by the fire and crochet :)

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  11:57:34 AM  Show Profile
I usually don't lose power for more than 24 hrs, but we do lose phones service sometimes for days, which means no computer. We are supposed to get up to 4 ins, I feel for the burn areas, mudslides will happen, and the homes that survived the fires, may not survive the mud.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile
I know we have one area here in my county that lost over 200 homes last summer. There was never enough rain last winter to cause a problem. Now they are going through that area warning the poor people. Some even have started to rebuild so like you said the homes that survived or the newer was being built may get washed away. When we were logging the burnt timber we put down those straw rolls and special matting to try and prevent erosion as well as leaving the tops and limbs on the ground. I'm just not sure with that much rain at one time much of anything will help. We have friends in the area who will keep us posted, keeping my fingers crossed for all fire areas.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  09:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Raining in Salem, Idaho too.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  11:16:40 AM  Show Profile
At least the drought is over for now! I heard Lake LAnier in Georgia, which was WAY down last year, is full again. What a blessing for those in Georgia, because so much of their water supply comes from there.

Oh, and it is raining here too. :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 13 2009 11:17:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13642 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13642 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  12:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Only a shower this morning for us in SW Colorado. Last week was GORGEOUS Colorado fall weather. Hopefully, we'll get some more before we have to hunker down for winter.

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Raining here tonight. Yesterday was good. No rain at all. But it started again.

Oh, and I was watching the news yesterday. I rarely do that. But that awful bad storm we had friday night was a tornado. Actually 3 tornadoes. They did alot of damage in and around Chattanooga which is just 30 miles North of here. It was a very bad and very fast moving storm.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  05:49:37 AM  Show Profile
It rained ALL night and is still raining. Ugh! I do not like doing chores in the rain.

This reminds me of a movie I saw years ago. About these kids that lived on another planet and it rained every day of the year except 1. They were all so excited to see the sun. But this one poor girl got locked up in a closet and missed it. It was a sci-fi movie and I wish I could find the name of it and see it again. Because that's all I remember of it. All the rain. Just like this. I dreamed it rained all day and was so dark I thought it was still night time. And it is like that.

If anyone else has seen that movie can you remember the name of it?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen the sun???? It is indeed dreary here in Ark. Haven't seen the sun in 14 days but they say maybe some tomorrow. Glad we live quite high on a ridge!!

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Gloomy dreary day here. Sprinkles. And COLD! I am still hanging on about turning the heat on. It's comfortable in the house right now. But soppin' wet outside.

No, I have not seen the sun in a few weeks here, too. It's up there shining on someone somewhere.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  07:15:53 AM  Show Profile
The sun! The sun! It's here, ya'll! It's so neat to see it again. Still cold, though. I had to turn the heat on yesterday. I held out as long as I could but it was cold yesterday. And gloomy wet, too. But I am so glad to see the sun again! I hope every one is seeing it today, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It's going to be a wet fall, ya'll. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page