Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I spy from my kitchen window...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I spy from my kitchen window... Next Topic
Page: of 4

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  10:48:08 AM  Show Profile
In my other house I didn't have a window over my kitchen sink, my friends always thought that was strange so I took a small window and put pretty pictures behind it and changed it every now and then. That for some reason my friends didn't think was strange. I do have strange but wonderful friends.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  11:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I spy outside my kitchen window... My neighbor's big red dog sticking it's nose through the curtain of their bedroom window.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Painted Farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Stacey
Moscow Idaho
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  11:49:11 AM  Show Profile
I spy...out the window of Mary Jane's Sweet Dreams store window, all the people that have come out for the last day of Moscow's Farmer's Market and many who have just enjoyed the Homecoming Parade downtown...GO VANDALS!!! ~Stacey

Painted Farmgirl #666

Your body is a temple, but how long can you live in the same house before you redecorate?
~Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  07:37:56 AM  Show Profile
I spy... out of my kitchen window as I was stirring "mother", the leaves gently falling from the sky, the sky so blue, my beagle romping in the yard and hunting for intruders (squirrels). The Autumn is nature's second spring! The colors in nature make my eyes and heart happy, very happy!

:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile
I spied the sound of my Haflinger's whinny- and looked out the window to learn that the neighbor came by on a Ford 5600 Tractor!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  08:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful, glorious southwest Colorado fall!!! Leaves are past their prime but the days this week have been warmer than last week and the mountains are gorgeous with their new snow!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  09:02:41 AM  Show Profile
I spy from my kitchen window...three sly magpies stealing the outside cat's food. Lil' devils!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  10:25:00 AM  Show Profile
When I look aut across the yard I see my husband's wood shop and know how happy he is working in there. After 30 years of basement and garage he now has a real space to do what he loves to do and now that he is retired he has the time to use it.
He is halfway done with his first paying cabnetry job and loving every minute of it!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  11:41:21 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes a picture is what is needed.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  11:46:28 AM  Show Profile
I spy the last of my unmown lawn and my knickers that must have blown loose from the line...my 13 yo son would be mortified..

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:03:23 AM  Show Profile
I spied this morning, seeing the misty fog giving me a scenery of a quiet view then an adorable lil Nuthatch flew to the side edge of my window. The lil one was climbing up and down the bricks and checking all the crevasses for a tasty treat. It was busy in the location for a good ten minutes, I froze in place to enjoy it at it's task.

Diana... lovely picture!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:08:44 AM  Show Profile
This morning I spied out of my kitchen window as I was making myself a cup of coffee with hot chocolate and mini marshmallows, a flurry of activity! There were several cardinals and blue jays flying in and out of my fig bushes. With their beautiful blue and red colors they made the bush all decorated! The birds, including other kinds, all seem to be in a busy activity this day.. I believe a nasty cold front is on its way... again. Oh well, at least I am enjoying my hot chocolate coffee!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile
I spied snow, mostly traveling sideways. It looks so pretty but it is soooo cold.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Janneane Hazlip
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Janneane
Fort Scott Kansas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile
I see the road less traveled. We are getting more snow and traffic is moving slow today.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:51:20 AM  Show Profile
SNOW, snow and just snow. There is at least 6 inches because it is also blowing to the sides. I couldn't open my backdoor yikes. (not that I need to go out back lol)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  11:49:39 AM  Show Profile
well I spy snow and more snow down my driveway. It looks like a frozen tundra...with sparkles from the sun...but very very cold.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  11:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey a fellow coffee/cocoa mixer. I add just a dash of cimmamon and a dash of ground red pepper too. Warms alllll the way down.mmmmm
I was washing dishes at the kitchen sink too and I spied 2 nuthatch, 2 titmouse, 1 young female cardinal, lots of sparrows and something that looked like a wren(long tale gave it away)oh ...and a bad-boy sqweel(that's what we started calling our squirrels) trying to get seed outta the feeder. He couldn't tho. We have anti-sqweel feeders. lol....oh and lots of snow and sunshine mixed.Also the wind is blowing the snow around to look like flying diamonds when the sun hits it just right!

Farmgirl Sister# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 03 2010 11:52:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl Cocinera
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Dana
Chelsea OK
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  2:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Out my window I spy snow everywhere. The big round hay bales look like giant snowballs. The poor cows and horses in the pasture below have icicles hanging down their sides, brrrrr! Glad I'm in my warm, cozy kitchen.

Cowgirl cookin' makes you good lookin'
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  3:00:18 PM  Show Profile
I spy out of my kitchen window... 2 feet of snow that has arrived since late Friday night! Big drifts over my head, and the little birds hiding in the forsythia and singing their wee hearts out!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  10:28:15 AM  Show Profile
I just spied out of my kitchen window and saw my Abigail rolling on the grass near the wisterias! It made me smile and giggled to see her be happy and content!
I also notice that after the rain last night, things look brighter with all that yellow pollen washed off!

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  1:26:41 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a kitchen window but I have a living room window. I can see my roses.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  1:33:50 PM  Show Profile
I finally have a kitchen window to look out and I can see the birdies at the birdfeeder.

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  2:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
I spy out my kitchen window the garden, the hen house and the barn. I really enjoy when the horses are turned out watching them run and run!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  3:36:17 PM  Show Profile
from katmom:
I spy thru wonderous eyes, from my kitchen window, several happy little birds playing in the bird feeder on my deck..p.s. making a mess w/the bird seed...but it's ok, it entertains my kitties...

from kitties:
I spy birdies...yum! tastes like chicken! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  10:02:45 AM  Show Profile
I spied my beagle sitting on her stoop and bird watching! I believe she is looking for "her" birdies that she protected while they lived in her screened porch.
...ut oh! activity comes alive! Abigail just went full speed in a chase after a squirrel. Now she is barking up the tree... not the wrong tree either! LOL

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I spy from my kitchen window... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page