Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I spy from my kitchen window...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I spy from my kitchen window... Next Topic
Page: of 4

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile
I was washing my dishes earlier and this cute little game/idea came to my mind and thought we all would have fun doing it and then share!

When I wash my dishes I usually gaze out my window and watch all kind of things that goes on out there. A bluejay caught my eye as it flew to my pear tree. I watched it hop along a branch then swing upside down to peck at a pear! It amused me... thus this "I spy" was born...

So, here how it goes... when ever you are at your own kitchen window and something catches your eye and amused you... please, share that with us?

Thanks!
:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)

Edited by - Karrieann on Oct 06 2009 5:04:38 PM

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  5:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Cute~ I was just grabbing a glass of water and noticed my son's new puppy attacking the older dog in the back yard. The wind is blowing and the two dogs seem to be enjoying the fall afternoon.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  5:08:21 PM  Show Profile
I spy with my little eye out my kitchen window- wonderful autumn leaves drifting down, down, down... for my family to rake!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  6:02:21 PM  Show Profile
From my kitchen window I see my two Pygora goats zipping around in their pen. They are so fun to watch---when they don't know I am watching. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  6:49:09 PM  Show Profile
I spy Molly Moo Cow, ( my swiss brown ), asleep with the fence holding her head up and a couple of birds sleeping on her back.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  05:45:51 AM  Show Profile
I spy my kittens playing under the spruce tree.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile
This morning I saw my dogs playing and some bluebirds flying around.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:55:09 AM  Show Profile
This morning it's the wind blowing across the water of the lake and the south bound ducks bounding around on the water.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:56:06 AM  Show Profile
A hugh Blue Jay that goes back and forth between the bird feeders eating as much as he can. Leaves drifting down from the plum tree and the cat trying to catch that bird she is to old and fat to even get close but she keeps trying.
Diaan

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
have bird feeders outside kitchen and living room windows..and my beautiful gardens...kitchen window also views the greenhouse and back woods..often see deer under the apple tree and other wildlife..also get to watch our kitties and our neighboring kitty out the window..this morning was neighbors "patches" over begging for a treat..yes we treat her..she belongs to our son and was a baby of our mama cat.

the other day i noticed out the fronjt window in the living room, that the color of the purple leaf (actually wine) smoke bush is the exact same color as the draperies at that window..was a pleasant surprise..guess I'll be protecting that plant and helping it to grow larger..so it will be a real pretty accent to my living room view

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile
one of my dishtowels hanging on the line ready to blow into oblivion ;) I better run and go catch it before it gets away!! :D
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:35:43 AM  Show Profile
I saw and eye ball flying by and the neighbors chair covers too. It's really windy today. I picked up the eyeball and got it back to the neighbors they just love halloween decorations

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  11:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Diane-
That is a hoot- an eyeball! so darn funny!
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  11:47:58 AM  Show Profile
When I look out our big farm country/ kitchen dinning room
I see beautiful mountains that are turning in the October sunshine
; this morning Oct. winds are blowing golden and brown leaves everywhere
to the side out of our bay window in the dinning part
I see more mountains; as we have them all around us
I see leaves falling off trees.
In the late afternoon ; I will see maybe a few deer and possibly our cows
they come up and watch us eat our dinner most afternoons
It is really windy here today ; it is sorta warm out side
sunny;
but it is chilly inside
Fixing home made stew for supper . yummy. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  2:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday, out my kitchen window in the trailer, I spied a sandwich! Or at least the makings of a sandwich....the last two ripe tomatoes of the season! LOL! YUM!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile
this is a great topic! I'm sitting here giggling at the thought of some of your sights...an eyeball, a sandwich...heehee! I am watching deer munch the apples under the trees. The wild turkeys will come later when the deer are done. Love it...so peaceful.

June
www.RubyJunes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  3:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Not really the window but, out my kitchen screen door there is a squirel "cussing" in the tree. See he's busy collecting acorns and my mama kitty has layed down for a nap in the sun by this tree. This squirel is not happy with her choice of spots so he's "cussing' her for all it's worth. It's like he's saying " Come on move would ya, can't a squirel get anything done today? You know winter is coming!"

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  5:05:17 PM  Show Profile
I like this!
I spied one of my outside cats, Nadia, sleeping on her back, all paws facing up. She trusts me so!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  7:41:02 PM  Show Profile
This afternoon I spied 5 bluebirds spashing it up in our birdbath....this afternoon our "herd" of 11 wild turkeys grazing in the dried grass and weeds, while cooking supper I spied 3 deer not too far from the house, also, Mr. Quail arrived at his usual time, he comes every evening, but hasn't brought his family yet.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  08:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Hubby just put out the "chicken scratch" so I'm watching all the neighborhood quail bellying up to it. They are such a joy to watch all year long and to feed over the winter.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  9:07:02 PM  Show Profile
As of late, I have spied some very glorious sunsets. It has been lovely, as it is always a reminder of something my husband wrote in a card to me, " May the unmistakable beauty of each sunset remind you of my unmistakable love for you." I found the card when going through things after my husband's passing. The card sits on my dresser now, so even on cloudy days, I can be reminded.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  9:51:44 PM  Show Profile
I have two views from my kitchen window(s). I can see the majestic, Rocky Mountains from one of my windows.:) From the other window, I can see the Olympic ski jumps from the 1988 Winter games. We simply LOVE our views!

Today...the mountains are covered with newly fallen snow. It's rather early, but still beautiful to behold. Just hope it will be a nice day on Saturday...our daughter is getting married.

Joyce

Edited by - 1930sgirl on Oct 08 2009 9:53:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  08:59:08 AM  Show Profile
I have two kitchen windows. From the first, I spy our two little black angus bull calves with their mamas drinking from the trough and beyond the pasture and across the creek, a herd of 35 deer are eating the neighbor's alfalfa. Out the side window there is an industrious little squirrel gathering walnuts to store for winter.

It's not about being perfect, but enjoying what you do. Set aside time to be creative.

Robyn Pandolph

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile
I do not live far out in the coutry like I wish, but sometimes the country comes to me. Far and away the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen (besides my two teenage boys playing in the snow) is the amazing deer that love to hang out in my backyard and eat all of my shrubbery. Honestly, I think that it is worth it.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Marcy on Oct 09 2009 10:02:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Fat Robins getting a snack

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  03:27:52 AM  Show Profile
On nice days I see butterflies on the butterfly bush or crows in the field

I can also see who drives up and down our road

One time I was able to catch a fleeting glimpse of a coyote running the far length of a field

Glad at that time the cats were in the hosue and on the porch!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I spy from my kitchen window... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page