prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  6:49:32 PM  Show Profile
i'll be going on my first hunting excursion for white tail deer this week with the hubby. i won't be hunting myself, but will probably tag along. i'm kind of excited just because it's something new. we bought a $400 tent (we NEVER spend money like that on stuff, but we had to in order to keep warm at night while hunting), new cots, walkie talkies, all kinds of fun stuff for this trip! i'll be in charge of cooking meals and keeping the campfire stoked and boy, do i have lots of yummy meals planned! it will also be my first solo cooking experience on the campfire and grill.... i'll let you gals know how it went when we get back!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  06:04:59 AM  Show Profile
You will have a ball I'm sure. How fun, I wish I was going with you!! I love the camping part of it and sitting at night by the fire reading a book is the best. You will have to post pictures when you get back. Have a wonderful time and I hope your hubby gets the big one!

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  3:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Have a great time.
Food always tastes so great cooked over a fire. I hope you have some pie irons. You can make so many things in those,
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  4:33:10 PM  Show Profile
OOh, Have fun. I love outdoor cooking and enjoy using my Dutch ovens. Bread never tastes better or looks more beautiful than when baked in a dutch oven. My husband and I just returned from a month of camping in Michigan and we did most or our cooking on the fire. Check out the Dutch Oven Society site at www.idos.com for tips and recipes.

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic first hunting experience! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page