Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Flannel Sheets Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  6:13:22 PM  Show Profile
I love to sleep on flannel sheets. Even if it's in Louisiana. My husband hates them. Last night, he put the A/C on 45 degrees. I needed my flannel sheets. I looked for them this morning to put on the bed. The man actually threw on flannel sheets away. He blamed it on the flood. Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  6:32:14 PM  Show Profile
So he's sleeping in the spare room tonight, huh?? WhoaaaaHaaaaHaaaa
Well now you know what to ask Santa for!!

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  6:35:07 PM  Show Profile
awwwww! i couldn't live without mine... i'm lucky the hubby likes them. but i know my mom had the same problem with my dad...

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  6:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Marly!

So I have the perfect solution. Splice together a pair of cotton and flannel sheets. Your side can be flannel and his can be cotton! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:16:34 PM  Show Profile
My hubbs wants flannel sheets all year long! Hello... California summers 100 degrees plus for weeks at a time! I like them from now (it's gonna be 38 here tonight) until spring but, the crisp cool cotton all summer. Yeah Alee!!! The perfect solution.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile
I get way to hot with flannel sheets, I sleep with at least one arm and leg hanging out even in the dead of winter, but, my hubby would have known if he threw anything away with out me knowing about it would mean he'd be sleeping in the barn, LOL. Bad man, very bad man.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:28:31 PM  Show Profile
Alee, your so smart, that was a great idea. We just put our flannels on and now my hubby loves them. Years ago he refused to sleep on them, said he got too hot. Now he seems to be going through his global cooling stage. LOL He really likes them when the weather starts to cool down. I can live in flannel pj's and t-shirts during the cooler months. Then when summer hits here its as little as possible. Fashion is on the bottom of my list.... comfort comes first. I'm strictly a cotton girl..... regardless of the season.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  8:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
flannel sheets are the best! everyone in the family has a set.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  06:19:01 AM  Show Profile
We use flannel all year long. Its so nice on the skin. We also have a swamp cooler in the bedroom so it can be chilly in the summer. I find mine are cool to get into when its hot and still comfy.
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile
I adore my flannel sheets but only use them from Nov thru early spring. The cats never object to the sheets,and I have a set with snowflakes on em-as well as a floral set!

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:08:24 AM  Show Profile
I'm digging ours out this week as we are due for 30's come Monday. Because of the type of bed we have, we've had trouble finding flannels that don't pop off the bottom. Last year for Christmas, my friend gave us a set that is perfect! We also have a set for the guest bedroom and a set for our camping bed. The kids love to come visit and know that Mom will have the flannel sheets on the bed. The out of towners race because the first one in gets the guest bed and then the next ones in get the camping bed. Those kids are too funny! ! ! !

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:18:30 AM  Show Profile
I am putting mine on this week, it's been a bit on the chilly side lately. But I do sleep with the window a crack open even with the AC on, can't seem to breath right if it's closed. I would be nuts if anyone threw my flannel sheets out. Sorry that happened Marly, go buy yourself a new pair, maybe he would like a manly print tot hem lol. it's worth a shot.

Farmgirl Sister #710

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  10:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Melody June:
Somehow I just knew you'd get a kick out of this. I'm not waiting on Santa. I'm looking for something dear to my DH to throw away. Tonight is garbage pickup! LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  10:20:58 AM  Show Profile
Alee:
Who in the world will sew two different types of sheets together???????????? Surely not me. I have ten thumbs when it comes to sewing. I once made a baby doll for a new baby. When I gave it to her, the mother said, "I've never seen an armadillo doll before!" I can send the sheets your way. Do you have a sewing maching. ROFL Just kidding Alee.
Teresa's "bad man" hit the nail on the head. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  10:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, that man would so be without his favorite jeans or t-shirt or hammer or whatever. It just isn't a good idea to mess with a girls flannel sheets. I like Alee's idea of sewing two sets together. Sounds like something I would do. My cats love the flannel sheets. All the worn out ones become cat beds.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  11:15:02 AM  Show Profile
I made a set of 1/2 flannel 1/2 cotton sheets actually I made 2 sets it's easy and my girlfriend who I made them for loves them I had to put an extra strip of cloth down the center to make up for the seams but she told her husband this is my side and this is your side. My DH and I have a heated matteress pad with controls on both sides. I've turned mine on 3x's so far and I will be bringing out the flannel soon. Lucky for me he likes flannel as much if not more than I do.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  1:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ooo! I hadn't thought of adding an extra strip of fabric!

We need to buy new flannels for this winter. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, but I go with your hubby on this one
I love flannel gowns ; but I hate flannel sheets
I don't know why ; but I do.
but love my flannel night gown
It was so cold the other night I found it and put it on.hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  2:26:43 PM  Show Profile
My husband would love them! But not me I am always too hot no matter what time of the year. I sleep it in an oversized t shirt all year long and half the covers are kicked off!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  07:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Considering we don't have heat in our bedroom (only heat is a fireplace in the living room and a wood stove in the kitchen) dh doesn't complain one whit about flannel sheets in the winter. I'm getting ready to pull mine out and wash them and hang them out on the line (IF I can ever get a day without rain!) and freshen them up to put on the bed. Bear% -- send you dh up here -- I gotta chicken house he can sleep in for a few days, until he learns to appreciate flannel a little better! And trust Alee to come up with the BEST idea!!! Alee, you are GREAT!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  07:14:17 AM  Show Profile
We use flannels, but I'm not to keen on the set I bought last year at Macy's (Martha Stewart)...they got a little "nubby" after the first wash and use.

I think I'm going to order some from LL Bean this year--they are supposed to be wonderful...

Jus's favorite "bed" is the winter bed--flannel sheets and the down comforter with a flannel windowpaned check cover.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Flannel Sheets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page