New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic pork tenderloin Next Topic  

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  7:55:53 PM  Show Profile
I am a cook. A home-cook, but I cook for a group of 20 people once a week - been doing so for a year, and haven't gone to a casserole yet. Putting that off as long as possible. I'm OK at tripling/quadrupling recipes that I do for my family w/no trouble so far. I want to do a favorite pork tenderloin recipe - roasted in the oven... to double the recipe, can anyone tell me how much, if any, extra time I need to add to the cooking time in the oven? For instance, if I cook two approx. 1 lb. tenderloins for 30 minutes, how much time should I allow for 4 tenderloins? I don't want to chance under-cooking pork for health reasons...

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  10:27:20 AM  Show Profile
Good question, I would think almost the same time if you go by the rule one cupcake takes 20 minutes 20 cupcakes take the same. It's all in the same oven at the same temp. I understand not wanting to under cook it. Let me know what you find out.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  10:52:20 AM  Show Profile
I have a large roasting pan and have put two loins in it to bake. I put my temp gauge in the back one since it bakes fastest when it is done I still remove the guage and put it in the front and check it. I've never had to leave it longer but would if need be. I don't know why it would make a difference though. I only worry when I use both racks.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  11:15:59 AM  Show Profile
What Diane says makes perfect sense, but I always do what Melody June does and haul out my trusty thermometer.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  1:54:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Diane...I ALWAYS use a meat thermometer so I don't overcook or undercook things.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  4:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Well...that's what I'll do - pick up a meat thermometer tomorrow - It has crossed my mind often, that I should, and to avoid hurting anyone, I know I MUST!
Thank you all ~
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic pork tenderloin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page