Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Kelly. You can just never know how much your Mom meant to me. As I am reading this tribute to her, I am sitting her shaking my head, thinking to myself. Yes! That is exactly right. That is just the way she said things. That is just what she would have told me. There were many many times when my toddlers were being a handful, or my heart was too full waiting for God to move in my life, that your Mom stepped in and reminded me of the kind of woman that I really wanted to be.
She will always be remembered and though she asked to be remembered as a rose, I like to think of her as my special rose, that God send to be my sweet friend to speak the words to me in ways that only she could have done!
hugs & prayers

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  5:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Thank you for that, Jessie!

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, thank-you for sharing that, it was beautiful. Nothing like having a family member do the eulogy, it is so much nicer and means so much more. After all it is family who knew them the best. With tears in my eyes I know exactly where Zhenelle is right now, I lost my beloved grandma on Easter sunday this year. My thoughts are with you and your family, I pray for you all.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  7:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kelly, that eulogy was perfect and I am sitting her smiling and bawling my eyes out at the same time! Your mom is a very special lady and I am ever so grateful to MaryJane for giving me a chance to meet her via the forum. (Hugs)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  04:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Alee...I so agree! There was not a dry eye in the church, but the tears were happy remembrances...

Thank you all for your kind words...she was-is- a lovely lady.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  06:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, As all the others have said that was a perfect eulogy, and I will remember you mom as "The Rose". Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:07:15 AM  Show Profile
That was so beautiful, thanks so much for sharing it. Kelly, your mother meant a lot to me too. As she lived with cancer she inspired me with her grace and honesty about how things were going. When I went through it this summer too I would think about things she had written about how she was dealing with it and I tried to be like her, taking things as they came.

I sit here with tears now thinking how much we will miss her, but also I know she's in a better place now. And I'm still remembering how much she taught me and will always be inspired by her and her life. God bless you and your family Kelly.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:52:34 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, thank you for sharing that, what a beautiful lady, your mom.

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh my6 gosh, that ois beautiful and a lovely tribute to a wonderful, sweet and kind lady.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile
I am smiling through my tears. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It was a perfect tribute to such a wonderful lady.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, that was beautiful, Zhenelle is very talented. I do not know how she could read thrugh that without crying. What a tribute
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9403 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9403 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
Thank you for including us and sharing those sweet memories with us. The eulogy was beautiful!
I know the cemetary you spoke of as I grew up in that area up there. I hope sometime when we go home for a visit that I can visit there.
hugs,

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  7:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Kelly I am so sorry, your mom was a very special rose,my prayers are with you. I will buy a rose plant for a special friend in remembrance of her Miss Wilma

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  03:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
I too extend a heartfelt message to you. In one of the most difficult times of life, God is there to comfort you. He knows full well your pain. He experienced it too. What a blessing your Mother has been to you and your family. What wonderful memories. She will be blessed as she beholds the face of God. And you will find comfort to know, that she is in His very presence.
Blessings to you and your family, as you make difficult decisions, and the hardship you are in during these last days.
May the God of all comfort, comfort you.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  04:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Thank you for your kind words and expressions of friendship for my mom. I am hoping she can see these in heaven so that she knows how many people she touched.
It is so strange not to call her every day after school and tell her about my day! I have already told my dad, who hates talking on the phone, that he better get used to talking to me every day!!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, my mom and I talk all the time, too. I just can't even imagine what it would be like. Any time you need to talk, just come on here and let it all out. Sometimes I need to do that, too. Mothers are so special, especially as we get older. We realize how smart they really are when we get older. There's nothing like asking my mom for advice or suggestions about how to do something. I know I'll miss that so much. But you have such wonderful memories of your mom that can never be taken away from you.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  10:14:53 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I read this last week and couldn't type through the tears. It's still hard to type now! My prayers go out to you and your family at this time! I can't imagine not being able to talk to my mom! Your mom was such a sweetheart and I am so glad that I got to know her even a little bit! I even had the great pleasure of sending her a book about making dolls. She will be missed by all of us here!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  8:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Kelly, I just read the posts and I am so sorry for your loss. I had bartered a few times with her and she was so generous. I hope you and your family find peace in knowing that she is sitting with our Lord and is painfree now. God Bless and prayers being said for you and your family.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com

Edited by - Tammy Claxton on Oct 12 2009 8:45:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page