Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  8:54:45 PM  Show Profile
I am very sorry. Hugs.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  4:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Kelly--I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. But now she is where the Light Eternal shines upon her. I keep thinking of the song "The Rose"--Just remember/ in the winter/ far beneath the bitter snows/ lies the seed/ that with the sun's love/ in the spring/ becomes the rose.
God is with you.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9403 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9403 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
We will miss Linda very much. She added so much to the lives of we farmgirls. I am grateful for the time I had to correspond with her. I know that she is where God wants her to be and that is with Him. Meeting and greeting those who have gone on before her. I am sad for your loss but what a wonderful gain for heaven. She is well once more and without the pain that she had here on earth. I know that you must have wonderful memories of your mom. She is still with us in our hearts and thoughts. Praying for all of you.
farmgirl hugs,

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  6:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
kelley,
so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom, linda. she will be greatly missed here as well. i hope that in the next few days your family will be able to feel all the love that her farmgirl friends send your way. hugs, thoughts and prayers to you all.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  6:58:44 PM  Show Profile
My deepest heartfelt condolences to you and your family, you are in my prayers.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  7:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Dear Kelly -

I am so sad to hear the news. When I reached this site tonight; I had hoped things may be better.

We are all thinking of you and your family and we are mourning the loss!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16445 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16445 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  7:16:32 PM  Show Profile
A Rose will be greatly missed. Kelly, you have all our prayers and love at this difficult time.

MaryJane
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  10:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sending love and hugs....

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  09:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Kelly I will pray for you and your dad and your family. Please dont hesitate to email me if I can do anything. If you need someone to talk to I will send you my phone number through email. Just let me know!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  10:54:14 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers and hugs!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  11:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Sending Prayers & strength for all of you

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  12:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kelly. I too am SO sorry to read this. My deepest sympathy and prayers for you and your family.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  4:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, I just saw this and have read every page. I am so sorry for your loss. There really are no words except you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  4:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, all I can say is I am so sorry and know how you feel. I lost my mom too, not quite four years ago. Prayers for you and your family.

Blessings,
Sharlet

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Thank you, everyone for your kind words...we had the wake today, and even friends of my mom's commented on the wonderful relationship she had with the "farmgirls"! Tomorrow is her funeral, and she will be buried in Saratoga National Cemetery because my dad is a vet...it is a beautiful, peaceful location.
I want you all to know that the reigning flower at her wake today was a rose. My dad even had a single red rose placed with her so that she would always be remembered as "a rose".

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Kelly, I know where that cementary is. My family grew up near Schenectady/Clifton Park area. One day, I will pay her a visit. I would be honored. (((HUGS)))

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kelly- that was very sweet of your dad to do!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  9:14:51 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
I am so sad to read that your mom passed away. Know that farmgirls loved her and we love you too. I hope you are left with so many happy memories. Your mom seemed like such a sweetheart and I type this with tears in my eyes. Hope you are doing O.K. through all this and know lots of people cared about your mom and care about you.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  12:49:20 AM  Show Profile
so very sorry to read of this. sending you hugs during this time.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Kelly, I'm sorry for your loss. You and you family are in my prayers.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1704 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1704 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  7:27:05 PM  Show Profile
So, So sorry Kelly for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  05:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,

I read this a few days ago and was so sad at the time, that I simply could not write anything. Your lovely mother touched my heart so deeply as she did, I am sure, all of the farmgirls. She was such a wonderful lady. Always had a kind word, a good thought for everyone. She was always a sweetheart, even when she was sick. Know that she will be so terribly missed. There is now a whole in the fargirl circle that can never be replaced. Keepng you in my thoughts and prayers that you get through this very difficult time. And if there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your mother was/is a beautiful spirit. Her strength and grace throughout all she went through inspired me with what I went through this past year. Like others have said when I see my roses outside I will think of your mother and her kindness. You and your family are in my prayers and if there is anything I can do please let me know. Your mother will be missed by us all.

(((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  3:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hello, fellow farmgirls...

I wanted you to know the funeral was beautiful. My neice Zhenelle gave the eulogy, and it was perfect. I am including it if you want to get a glimpse of the life of "a rose". By the way, if you ever make it to Saratoga National Cemetery, and look up my mom's headstone, it is inscribed on the bottom with "Remember me as a rose".

Grandma's Eulogyþ

My grandmother was 35 years old when I was born in 1980. My entire life she was like a mother to me, and for most of my childhood, I saw her every day. If I learned one thing from her in the almost 30 years I've known her, it's this:

We are nothing without our family. Loyalty, trust, forgiveness and love - all values she instilled in me throughout my life. These things she gave to all of us, so generously, so unconditionally.

Linda grew up not far from here in Troy, NY. She was the daughter of Leon and Genevieve, and sister to Allan, Raymond, Joyce, John, Carlton, Debra, Albert, David, Lee, Gary and Michael.

Her childhood defined the person we have all grown to love so deeply. She was the oldest of a large family, and her mother depended on her to help take care of her younger brothers. She credited her mother with her own strength and self-assurance, and admired her for keeping them all together, for trying her best with what little she had.

Grandma told me once, "The best part of my teenage years began when I met your Grandpa."

She met my grandfather, Timothy, in September of 1959 at the 10th Street Park in Troy. Timmy was playing tag with some kids, and he stole the scarf right out of Linda's hair.

She asked for it back and he said, "Maybe tomorrow."

He asked to kiss her for the first time on her front porch, and it was the best kiss she ever had.

He told her mom that when she was 16, he was going to marry her.

3 years later, he did.

They were engaged through letters they wrote to each other while he was stationed at El Toro, California, and he sent her her engagement ring in the mail.

Tim was the one and only love of her life. Her very best friend. They were everything to each other.

I loved being with my grandparents - even when they were bickering, you knew they were crazy for each other. He'd call her Fudgie or some other silly name that'd get her worked up and calling him a whole list of names I can't say here in church.

She was a spitfire, and if anyone was going to be honest with you, it was her. There was no question what was on her mind - she'd come RIGHT OUT and tell you. I get that from her. It drives my husband crazy.

Her children were her next and greatest love. Kelly, Lisa and Timmy, Jr. Her pride and absolute joy, through good times and bad. Each one their own special person - Kelly, quiet and sweet, nose in a book… Lisa, a pistol from the time she was in diapers, so determined to live her life on her own time… Timmy, the little boy, made her furious and proud. She raised three incredible individuals, and best of all formed a strong and loving family of her own. She embraced her new sons and daughters in much the same way – Dale, Paula, Peter and Brenda – a close bond formed with all of them through the mutual love of her family.

We all meant the world to her, and she made it her life's wish to make sure you knew you were loved. In every corner of my home I see something that she made for me - toiled and stressed over and tried so hard to make perfect. She'd make the most beautiful thing, and apologize that it wasn't good enough.

"It's perfect, Grandma" I'd tell her.

"I suppose…" she'd answer back. I wanted her to always know I loved it, whatever it was. Paintings of us as kids, quilts put together with so much care, ornaments at Christmas time. She was so thoughtful in such a tangible way. She left us a legacy of memories and mementos, scrapbooks and stories.

She spent years pulling together the family genealogy on both sides. She reached out to perfect strangers, accepted them as family immediately, and made sure that they knew about their loved ones, where they came from, who they were. If you wanted to know about your family's history, you came to her. No branch was too far extended to be close to her heart - children, grandchildren, sisters, brothers, in-laws, nieces, nephew, aunts, uncles, first cousins, second cousins, and on and on - all were cherished by her.

She was good at making friends, too. She started going to Curves to work out a few years ago, and there she found some of the closest friendships she'd had in her whole life. Women who truly understood her, and admired her for her strength and personal beauty. I had the pleasure of meeting these women yesterday at the wake and I saw immediately what connected my Grandma to them. I found comfort in their words, and felt gratitude for their memories of her. She touched so many people, and once she had you she wasn't going to let you go.

She loved to talk about her friends from CHP before she retired from nursing, and more recently she found a network of crafty country girls online and began chatting and swapping handmade treasures and ideas. They voted her "Country Farm Girl" of the month this past summer. She was so happy to be thought of, to get back the same kindness she was so good at giving.

A few days before she died, she picked up the telephone receiver, and in her confusion talked to her best friend Pat about going shopping. There had been no one on the other end, but she told Grandpa, "Pat wants to go shoppin’." "Oh she does?" Grandpa said. Her mind was going to special places - visiting her friends, talking to her grandkids, things like that.

We all knew where she was when she left us. My mother, Lisa, came to get her, to go "garage saling" - after 13 years they are together again. As much as it hurts to have lost her, I know she is happy now. The thought of their reunion has helped me more than I can even describe.

My Grandma was always happiest, though, with a grandchild on her lap, smiling and giggling. We filled her heart up right to the brim - me, Michelle, Timmy the 3rd, Dennis, Joshua, Justin, Alyssa and Michael. Christmas was the best - all of us together. Grandma would make us crowd together so she could take our photos, moaning and groaning but obliging always because we knew it was important to her. We're lucky now, all of these photos have been passed on to us - each one carefully labeled to help us trace our lives backward in time.

I look back now and feel so blessed for the way she loved all of us, cherishing each child for who they were, never who they were supposed to be.

I so wanted to give her that again, to make her a great-grandma and see her hold my child with the same love and affection she once held me. I know we all have these things… these wants, regrets, hopes and plans. But she wouldn't want us to dwell on those now. She'd want us to go on doing what she always did best… carry on through the struggles, love each other with open hearts and open arms, and live every day in the light of God's love.

She always told me, "Remember me as a rose." I close my eyes now, and I see red roses. You were beautiful, Linda. You were everything to all of us. We will always remember - your smile, your laugh, your eyes and your forever open arms. But most of all, we will remember you as a rose.

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  4:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, thank you for sharing the eulogy. Zhenelle expressed so well the love and joy of your mother's life. And what a gift to all of us to read about Linda, a rose. I will remember her.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I am sad for a rose...but heaven is smiling! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page