Author Family Matters: Previous Topic I am actually babysitting Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:30:58 PM  Show Profile
the neighbors two boys; 12 and 8. Now I am 54, and have not done this in ages. Their bedtime was at 9. So, when they were all tucked in, I knock on the door and ask if they are bed wetters. Well....They both looked at me like I was a nut. Just wondering. I told them that maybe they should go to the bathroom before falling asleep. "We're okay", is all I got. I just want to know that they will be alright. I go back and knock on the bedroom door, and ask if they'd like to sleep with a teddy bear. The youngest one says, "What kind of boys do you think we are?" Okay I say. As I'm closing the door, the older one says he'll take the teddy bear. Their mother had to rush their grandfather to the hospital and she is staying with him tonight. They both get on the bus at 6:20 AM, I'll have to set five alarm clocks to be sure I'm up for that. LOL
Thanks for listening. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  11:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Awe. You are so sweet! :)

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  11:34:49 PM  Show Profile
BTW, what kind of boys do you think we are, is hilarious!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  12:31:42 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet story! And funny, too!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  11:19:39 AM  Show Profile
I tell you, these boys are good to the core. I was supposed to have been awake at 6 am to be sure they got on the bus. Ooooooops.
My sweet hubby got up at 7 am, they were gone. LOL I got up at 10 am to find their bed made, their clothes all picked up, and towels in the laundry room in the basket. I don't feel like a good baby sitter now. Maybe I'll take them to McDonalds when they get off the bus.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  1:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
Their Mom did a good job raising them!! It is very nice that you are there for her. Did you realy ask them if they were bed wetters? I think that is screaming funny.ROFL

Blessings,
Tina

Edited by - Especially For You on Sep 28 2009 1:45:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  1:53:19 PM  Show Profile
lol Tina. It is a valid question though. I once was baby sitting a friends boys, and they were around those same ages. And it never dawned on me children that age would be bedwetters. I have 16 siblings (literally) and none of them were ever bedwetters, so I didn't know this was normal for many boys.

And boy was the morning a surprise! lol hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  8:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes I did ask them if they were bedwetters, Tina. I wanted to put a pull on liner under the linen just in case. My friends son is 13 and pees in the bed! LOL I surely did not want to haul a wet mattress outside in the morning. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic I am actually babysitting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page