Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  05:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday I decided to do something kind for myself in the form of buying new bras and underwear!

This may not seem like such a big deal but when life gets busy I tend to forget the finer things in life life panties with working elastic and bras that actually support my rather abundant breasts!

So off I go to Macy's. I figure I'll get fitted properly and get something nice, plus they're having a sale!

Please note that I originally thought this was a good idea, ok? sigh.

To make a very long day and story short. I went to Macy's and was told that i am a 38 DDD! What? WHAT?

I started crying and the bras I had to choose from only made it worse. I got talked into a hideous looking bra and left feeling about as low as my breasts have been getting without the proper support!

I was smart enough to stop in Libertyville at a wonderful lingerie shop called Adrienne Clarisse. I told them what happened at Macy's and asked if they could confirm my worse fears.

I was told first off that they had give me a bra WAY too big for me and to take it back because I was improperly fitted.

Well, NOW we're talking...finally justice will be served and they'll put me back in a D cup.

Not so much ladies, it turns out I am a 36F that's right F! which I am told is the equivalent of a DDD.

I blame menopause and a lot of other things at the moment. God forbid I should take responsibility for myself and the weight I've gained this past year. sigh.

An F! aaaaarghhhhhh!

The next time I have a bright idea like this one, somebody slap me!

36F? I'm never going to get over this! LOL!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

www.mylusciousjourney.blogspot.com

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  06:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Linda, ain't buying undies fun???? If it helps my 32 yr old daughter is a 36 H. she was a DD at age 16. When she was 12 all her friends were developing, and she wishes for breasts. she now says that comes under the heading of be careful what you wish for. LOL>

I do think menopause might be playing a part in your "development". we won't talk about weight gain. LOL. glad you got someone to fit you and hope its comfortable. it's really hard to get those things to fit. next time you decide to go shopping, give us a head up and we will give ya a smack, or at least provide moral support. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
try www.figleaves.com or www.breakoutbras.com for pretty bras in your size. both have great customer service and frequent sales.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  06:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Phyllis and Corrine! Phyllis I will need a slap and btw I never bought the panties! I'm thinking going commando has it's merits! LOL!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  07:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,
Have you tried Lane Bryant? I too am rather curvaceous! I am 40 yrs young and hate going shopping for clothes and undies as well. I am 6 feet tall and have always had trouble finding anything pretty or cute in my size. Every thing is old lady like in my size. Ugh! Even shoe shopping is a problem. The only store I can shop is Lane Bryant right now and they have very pretty bras. Even one that give you lift and cleavage. If you got it flaunt it. Ha! I don't mind my breast size usually but it is a hassle when I ride horses. If you need a sports bra I found one that works for me very well. Just let me know and I can help you with that one too.
Anyway you can go online and look at their site before going into the store.
Oh and they even have sexy pjs.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Really now are clothes out there getting smaller or am I getting larger? (nobody answer that!) I have bought my bras lately from QVC, the Breezies (sp?) collection. They carry not really sexy models but , larger sizes that fit well and have a great stay dry lining. I've always got a river under my "girls". You are correct about the panties, unfortunately mine are the packaged ones fron Walmart, can't find those pretty in my size either. And why do they think because ours are a little larger we want huge granny briefs? Even the panties on QVC are granny to me! Don't even get me started on those low rise jeans!!! I want my "stuff" tucked in not hanging out. I'll give Lane Bryant a try for some "hot" undies. Thanks girls, glad it's not just me feeling this way.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry but this is the funniest story I've heard for a long time. Why does everything have to have a number on it. LOL Who decided the number system?? I would come up with something like A cup would be "Hope your cute" up to F cup "Major motor boat playing!" LOL And what is up with the new clothes size "Zero"?? When I was a child I could not WAIT to graduate UP to 6X. Now young ladies want to get back to 6X, how can anyone be a Zero?? LOL
I'm with the commando, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  12:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer you're SO right. Shouldn't there be a law against granny panties? Sheesh! AND I have tried Lane Bryant unfortuntely I fall into the "tweener" catagory where they don't cover my sizes...ugh.

Melody June, it is funny and tragic all at the same time, which is why I wrote about it. I'm thinking I should start addressing these concerns in earnest and become the 2000's version of Erma Bombeck! Why couldn't I replace her and address these oft overlooked issues?

Funny thing is I remember 6x too! LOL! I couldn't hardly wait to get there!

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  12:46:46 PM  Show Profile
I tried to stock up on my fave bra years ago and now they (Warners) have discontinued it. Bought my last ones clear from Florida on line. I love this bra and thank goodness I have lots of them, but they are slowly loosing their elasticity.

My advice is find one you like and buy as many as you can afford.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  12:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Betty you're so right and I found a great one but when you're dealing in F cup sizes they can get SOOOO pricey! I must lose some weight!

Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  1:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Hello Sister I also am a 36F. When the girl told me that I wanted to cry!!!! I agree with you about them being pricey!! Soooo, I have one bran that fits right and several other that just don't. I was told you shouldn't wear the same bra two days in a row. The are supposed to rest. What is that about? I guess they get tired carring all that weight.lol

Jennifer- What kind of sports Bra did you buy? I would love one or two. To have two of them do I need a second morgage?lol

Ladies- My step-daughter-in-law just had a brest reduction. She was telling me about it, all most had me talked into talking to my Dr. about it when she told me that they had to cut off her nipples and make them smaller then sew them back on. OMG!!!!!! I told her I would think about it. Yeh right!! Crazy!!! So I will just deal with the Mother Jugs.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I'm with you on the nipple removal thing...yikes! Actually they do have another method which involves going through your armpit but it's new so for now I'm thinking perhaps I should love the 30+ extra pounds I'm carrying and get back to a normal (for me) cup size.

Oh to dream!

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  2:44:20 PM  Show Profile
I guess I'm lucky, I'm a 38C. I never had boobs in school and now they are just big enough not to sag and at 58yrs of age no sag is good.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Linda:
Like Melody June, I'm laughing my butt off. Not at you, but just at the whole shopping experience. And- I'm laughing at me because I still haven't found a good bra, or one that I would consider good. I'm 54 and I refuse to have some sells lady tell me the size bra I should wear. Gee weez I'm laughing so hard. Thanks for the laughter.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:44:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Especially For You

Linda,
Hello Sister I also am a 36F. When the girl told me that I wanted to cry!!!! I agree with you about them being pricey!! Soooo, I have one bran that fits right and several other that just don't. I was told you shouldn't wear the same bra two days in a row. The are supposed to rest. What is that about? I guess they get tired carring all that weight.lol

Jennifer- What kind of sports Bra did you buy? I would love one or two. To have two of them do I need a second morgage?lol

Ladies- My step-daughter-in-law just had a brest reduction. She was telling me about it, all most had me talked into talking to my Dr. about it when she told me that they had to cut off her nipples and make them smaller then sew them back on. OMG!!!!!! I told her I would think about it. Yeh right!! Crazy!!! So I will just deal with the Mother Jugs.

Blessings,
Tina

Tina,
The bra is Enell. I was watching Oprah one day a long time ago, I think it was one of her favorite things. I found it in one of my equine catalogs but can order it online. You can go to
www.smartpak.com they have 2 one is the light bra. I like that one. You have alot of hooks in the front with it but I love it. Nothing moves in it. let me know if you can't find.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  04:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
OK, I had a quick look and those Enell Bras (sports bras) are in abundance on ebay. 2 pack runs about $70.00. Not only do they look sturdy but I'm thinking it could double as a bullet proof vest!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  04:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm with you!! leaning toward the commando side(well at home anyway, LOL). my daughter is thinking about the reduction route, but the nipple thing is giving her real pause. can't blame her for that. ouch!!

thanks for the smiles. and I think you COULD be the new Erma!! looking forward to your first book. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  05:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have very large and HEAVY ta-ta's and bra buying is a nightmare for me...even when I weigh alot less. I want a reducation so bad and if I ever win the lottery, it's the first thing I will be doing. As far as bras, I find it is just a matter of trying them on and yes, getting totally measured and embarassed but I have changed sizes over the years. BLAH!!! It's not something I enjoy having nor having to shop for.

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  05:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hmm, makes me think that for an enterprising woman there's a gold mine here in introducing an attractive line of lingerie for women that's not cost prohibitive!
Sheesh, wish I was a designer!

Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  06:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Years ago while pregnant with my first, I went to one of our local retailers on my lunch hour(which was known to have good quality items) to purchase a good supporting bra. The saleslady (about 60 or so) look right at me and ask what size my "udders" were in front of about 8-10 other customers!! I was so upset I flew out of that store. It took me several days to finally call the manager and complain. I hope you find something very comfortable.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mother Juggs! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page