laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1680 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1680 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  6:58:58 PM  Show Profile
I make lots of different kinds of cookies. Scottish shortbred, I also have the snowflake design cookie cutters that I make a butter cookie then put a white glase and top with white large sugar chrystals.Pecan tarts ( butterry small tart filled with pecans similar to a pecan pie, sugar cookies,Kholacky, rasberry filled sugar cookies that are sandwhiched with another cookie with cutout in the center,snowball cookies and choc.dipped butter cookies.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  7:01:43 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I are diabetic, but I love to bake. I make biscotti, scones,chocolate stained glass cookies, molasses ginger cookies, springerle, peppermint bark and lots of cut out cookies, both thin molasses ones and vanilla. I have one pig I just giggle at when I bake them, his legs get crossed every time he is baked. I collect cookie cutters and this is the time I love to use them. Unfortunately, I love to eat these kind of cookies too so I have to watch how much. It's hard to deny yourself at holiday time.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  09:42:33 AM  Show Profile
I usually do snickerdoodles, peanut butter with hershey kisses, chocolate chip, and various other kinds. I've been in a cookie baking mood for a while now and made some the other night.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  1:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Since losing weight I don't bake as much anymore but the kids always want me to make them a gingerbread house and usually I do a few boys and girls from the batch too. (I use the Martha Stewart recipe...so spicy and good!) These days I make a lot of sugar free cookies like the Splenda gingerbread, sf oatmeal/cranberry cookies and a pretty good knockoff of the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bar. Used to always make Russian Teacakes, spritz, frosted cut-out sugar cookies, divinity and fudge.

We are having a bake sale at work to raise money for our Christmas party so I'm looking forward to some fattening baking again.

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  06:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Since a lot of my gifts are cookies and candy, along with canned sauces, etc., I make several types of cookies and am always searching for new "tried and true" recipes. I always start with my basics - chocolate chip made with a biscuit base, snickerdoodles, uncooked chocolate drops, spritz butter cookies, and of course, sugar cookies. Then I start through my recipe box, cookbooks etc. I try to make different ones each year unless something gets a request or response, then I will repeat it. You have all listed some great cookies. and I will be searching for recipes. By the way, what are Russian Teacakes? Will you share that recipe. I will start making cookies in November and freezing them for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13631 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13631 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Always, Scotch Shortbread with finely chopped pecans (I use brown sugar instead of white). Five Chip cookies, Oatmeal Toffee cookies, peanut clusters and my favorite recipe of fudge. ALWAYS, Walnut Crunch topped pumpkin pie!!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Christmas Cookies Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page