chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you ladies have suggestions for an easy to use, inexpensive book of embroidery? It's been so long since I've embroidered anything, I need to re-learn the stitches. I need help!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  11:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Do you happen to have MaryJane's Stitching room book? It has some great instructions for embroidery!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  11:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Someone sent in the site Sublime Stitching on another thread. I looked it up and it has some online instructions there.
They also have some neat patterns you can order too. There is even some camper-themed ones!

Caron

Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."
Ps. 128:1-2.
Farmgirl sister #254

Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile
Try the site craftown.com - under resources - free lessons. Basic lessons for lots of crafts like knitting, crochet, tatting, quilting, etc....

Have fun!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies!! It's just sad that it's gotten so difficult to find a PERSON who could teach you to embroider.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  08:46:20 AM  Show Profile
If you want a book. This is a really good one with plain to very fancy. This is a very cheap price for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASN-An-Encyclopedia-of-Crazy-Quilt-Stitches-Motifs_W0QQitemZ390094626299QQcategoryZ378QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BP%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BP%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BIIUM%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  09:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah,

I have some Aunt Martha's iron on embroidery patterns in different topics that I could send you. What are you interested in? Some have been opened, but they are unused. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you some. The embroidering stitch is mostly just a backstitch with maybe some lazy daisy's or french knots, which are pretty easy.
Take care

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Sarah, look it up on you tube. There is probably something on there that can help you too. I use it alot when I need a visual image of someone doing something.

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh Wow! Thanks so much for the offer Marcy!

I actually have the Wine Country and the Coffee set of Aunt Martha's Iron on Transfers. This Winter I would like to do a couple sets of tea towels for my sister and sister - in law. But I don't want to mess them up. It has been ages since I've embroidered anything. I do a lot of cross stictch, but I want the towels to look really nice and I'm nervous to start them because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

Go to Top of Page

LAMoore
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Laura
Horsham Pennsylvania
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  08:46:13 AM  Show Profile
the ANG- American Needlepoint Guild has stitches on line - if you do not want to buy a book - this is a good resource

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Embroidery Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page