Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  07:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Okay, so it's not really a matter of health, it's more a matter of aesthetics and comfort! However.... do any of you ladies have things that have worked or are working for you to lessen stretch marks during pregnancy or to help with the "achy body" thing that goes along with expecting? I am just having such a different time with this babe than I did with my first - I really didn't notice I was pregnant with the first, except for the fattening factor, and this one I notice every darn day! I'm so excited, but I AM uncomfortable... I've checked it out with the doc, and she said that it's just "normal aches and pains" but yuck, anyway...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, when are you due? Boy or girl? Use your blue healing and peace light! At the very least it will soothe you and the wee one. Too bad you live so far away. Dear daughter is a healer and massage therapist and reiki worker. She'd have you feeling blissful in no time.

Love,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Patricia - I'm due the middle part of July - and I'll find out if it's a boy or girl on the 15th - this Wednesday! I'm so excited! Can you explain what the blue light is? I'm interested...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile
Wish I would have had a help for stretch marks..I am loaded with them after having two big old boys long ago. But they fade. The aches and tiredness I didn't have so much back then. I was lucky that way. Amazing what you can do in your early 20's right?
I am interested in hearing about the blue light thing too...I alway see you all talk about it and don't have a clue either.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HollyDee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Holly
Coburg Oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  6:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I read your complaints. Sorry your so uncomfortable. Are you resting enough? The more babies I had the more aches and pains with each one. I complained alot. Baths were helpful and gentle stretching. It is hard on your body sometimes but you know soon enough you'll have the new baby in your arms and the aches will subside. Hopefully you'll get a stretch of comfort back maybe your having some growing pains. That would happen to me and then I would get comfortable for a while. Just drink alot of water to keep your skin supple and put some nice bath oil in the tub but be careful not to slip. Hope you'll be feelin' fine in the near future.

HollyDee
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Libbie,

I used a natural cocoa butter rubbed on after my morning shower and before I went to bed. Didn't get stretchmarks, but I think some of that may be hereditery too. Wouldn't hurt to try it, though.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  2:38:14 PM  Show Profile
MMMMMmmmmm...I think tonight will entail a warm bath, a cocoa butter "rub" afterward and the same bedtime as my 2-yr-old! Thank you so much for your hints and support - somehow I just knew that while sometimes my spouse doesnt' relate at all to this, you ladies would!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  09:05:21 AM  Show Profile
I've heard since I have no personal experience that a rich cocoa butter cream may be with some vit.E oil mixed in or wheat germ oil is supposed to really help with stretch marks.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  3:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Libbie...Are you having a Boy or a Girl?!? We're all patiently waiting, of course!!! Hope the appointment went well and we can't wait to hear!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm having another little boy! I am so excited -- William (my babe) went with me to the appointment, and when I asked him if he could think of a name for his brother, with NO hesitation he said, "Yep. Arthur." So, now we call "it" Arthur. I kind of like it - Will and Art. Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm now alternating wheat germ oil and cocoa butter and pure, unadulterated HOPE, to just keep these durn stretch marks at bay. At least the "achy body" bit I've been able to slightly tame by sleeping with a pillow between my knees. It makes it so I can actually get out of bed!

Thanks for all the help!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  1:55:03 PM  Show Profile
So happy for you libbie, two little boys, what a gift. And I like the WILL AND ART Idea. Glad you are feeling some better then you were, I remember those days well, sick most of the time, and being that I'am so small, never enough air. Take care of yourself, and keep us updated.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  5:19:38 PM  Show Profile
Woo hoo! I had two boys, Libbie, then Christina. Boys are great but harder when they're little. Girls are harder when they get bigger. But both are joys. When exactly are you due?

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  5:22:32 PM  Show Profile
My due date is July 28 - but we didn't really have a good "starting" date, so it's a little fuzzy...I'm so excited about these guys - right now I'm getting a few good kicks from Arthur, but he appears to be a pretty calm little guy most of the time.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, I have ached more with each one (working on 4th one now). My births got hurt worse too, but went faster.

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. - Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  10:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Ack! I don't even want to think about "hurt worse!" Really, however, the past few days I have felt really pretty good. My only real ache is in my hips in the morning - I feel like someone just whacked me with a baseball bat in both of them - but they feel just fine when I'm up and about...

I'm embarassed to say, however, that a high point was when I just gave in and had a lime Coke and microwave popcorn with (artificial) lemon and herb seasoning on it. My vices are few and far between (if I do say so myself...) and especially when pregnant!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Pregnancy "woes"... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page