Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A Couple of old Sewing Boxes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Couple of old Sewing Boxes Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:03:05 AM  Show Profile
I think I have four of them, and a few old sewing baskets. The two I took a picture of are down in my sewing room.
Been doing a whole lot of cleaning and getting things ready to donate. I really think you girls should live nearby when I get these bees in my bonnet to get rid of stuff.
Pretty busy week coming up. My Daughters are taking me to see 'CHICAGO' at the really fancy theater in Buffalo. Then we have baseball practice three nights, and going with all the kids to pumpkinville on Sunday. Going over to the Library this morning and pick up a couple of books I had sent over from the main Library. So many books so little time.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:13:48 AM  Show Profile
Nancy - I also have several old sewing baskets, can't have enough of them! I often wonder too, who had these before me and what was in them!

Pumpkinville, is my favorite! I love all things autumn. Yesterday I nwent to Letchworth, haven't been in 20 years! Some of the leaves there are actually turning already!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:32:51 AM  Show Profile
I was brought up near Letchworth Park, its a beautiful place.

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  09:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful boxes. I have always wished that older things could talk to use and tell us their stories. Thanks for sharing. I always look fowards to reading your posts.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:10:30 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo - I have one of those I got from my mother-in-law. Both sides open upward and there is a little wood shelf inside. I keep all my floss in it, and have often wondered how old it is too. There are little flower stencils glued on each side that look like 1920-1930. I just love it, and yours are really pretty too!

You will have to take a photo of the stuff you are organizing and getting rid of, so we will know what we are missing out on!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 21 2009 11:13:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
I have one that sounds like yours with the little stencils on it. Yes all farm girls should get on a bus and come clean out my attic.
Nancy Jo

Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
i wish i lived closeby too..sewing baskets..how cool.

i have some sewing "chests" i guess you would call them..my mom gave me..2 are antique and one is handmade..that one has doors that flip up and holes ..i think for yarns to come out of..??? one is on a stand..and has two doors that flip up..like the other..but no holes..and then one is on 4 legs and has a flip up to the side table with thread holders and such, and a drawer..

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Couple of old Sewing Boxes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page