Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please keep me in your thoughts...UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep me in your thoughts...UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  05:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I went to the ER yesterday for some tenderness in my right side. I've been having bowel problems for over a month so I figured that was the problem but something told me to go to ER anyway. Well, they did x-rays and blood work and found a small fibroid tumor so they wasn't sure if that was causing the tenderness or not. I have an appointment with a GI doctor on the 29th.

But then the ER doctor said there is a 1.8 cm nodule on my right lung. I was shocked!!!! Now I have to get a CT. Has anyone else had this?

So, I am asking for you to please keep me in your thoughts. Seems like just as soon as I see light at the end of the tunnel (first paralyzed, then my son's Asperger's problems, and now this spot on my lung) something else happens. I've fought really hard to get well when I was paralyzed so I know I'll fight hard this time too.

I need a break.

Thanks,
LynnMarie

***************************************************************************************
My doctor had me come in for a visit today. She ordered a CT scan which is scheduled for Thursday morning. She said that would be better than a MRI. A compliment of sorts about my taking care of my health... she said to both me and her in-training assistant, "if anyone knows her body it is you." Before she left the room she asked if it is bad news, do I want to come in or would a phone call be ok? NOT A GOOD SIGN, is it!

I will keep updating this post. Thanks to everyone for their support. Hugs, LynnMarie

Edited by - LynnMarie on Sep 22 2009 2:31:50 PM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  06:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Hugs and many prayers for you, LynnMarie. Hang in there girl :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  06:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Big hug to you, you are in my prayers.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  07:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Dutchy and Dawn.

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  08:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  09:01:04 AM  Show Profile
LynnMarie Sorry to hear of your health problem....were you asking if anyone had had a CT scan? If so I have had several and they are no big deal, even when they use contrast. If the question was lung nodule, no I haven't had that but the DRs did use a CT scan to diagnose pnuemonia when it wasn't showing up on a regular X-ray. Will keep you in my prayers.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  09:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Kathy and Melanie.

Actually Kathy, I was referring to having a lung nodule. I've had so many procedures with my B12 paralysis that a CT doesn't bother me; I've had three spinal tapes, countless MRI's, lots of blood work, and whatever else was thrown in.

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  1:50:42 PM  Show Profile
LynnMarie Aren't the spinal taps awful!!! don't mind the MRIs even though I have a problem with closed spaces, have had a nucular scan on my throat, that was tough it lasted two hours with no moving allowed. UGH!!! No lung nodules however so sorry that I can't help in that area.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  6:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Am sending up a prayer for you...
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  7:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Cindy. I need all the help I can get. : )

Kathy, I actually had worse tests than the spinal taps. As long as I stayed flat, I didn't get that headache they talk about. How did you do with them?

Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  7:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Praying!!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  8:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there LynnMarie...it's never easy waiting for "the news" whether it's good or not so good. Try and relax and know that there are a lot of us sending you blessings!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:17:01 AM  Show Profile
My first spinal tap was when I had meningitis so headache wasn't an issue as I already had the worst one you could have. The second was because I had a severe migraine and the doc wanted to rule out mengingitis so again I already had a headache. I can't imagine anything worse than a spinal tap!!! for me laying still for the nuke study was the worst. Hope you get some answers soon.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent. Hugs offered.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh Lynn, bless you and your family. I'll start praying. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Lynn Marie - You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers during this time!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2320 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2320 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Lynn Marie you are in my prayers and thoughts.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  09:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
LynnMarie,

I, too, am keeping you in my prayers . . . and thoughts!!!

GOD BLESS!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  09:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Thank you everyone. You all can not imagine how much you are helping me. I absolutely hate this "not knowing" stage!

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile
LynnMarie, you are in my prayers. They found a 'spot' on one of my lungs on an xray one time. They kept a watch on and it disappeared after a while. I know I was surely worried about it at the time. I agree, the not knowing is scary. I hope that everything goes ok with your CT. I'll be thinking about you. Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  7:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Lynn Marie good thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lorie Marler
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Lorie
Guymon Ok
USA
265 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Lynn you are an amazing woman and we are thinking about you and praying for you. Keep us posted!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  9:35:34 PM  Show Profile
The waiting is the worst!!! prayers are being sent..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  9:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Lynn, are you still waiting for more news?
prayers and huuggssss to (((you and family)))

Linda in Scranton, PA

I'll remind you that the whole sowing-seeds-cause-and-effect concept was just a myth, because you were born deserving.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!
www.tut.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  04:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Lynn sending prayers for good results on your CT scan. just remember a "spot" doesn't always mean something bad. could be nothing at all. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  05:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I should be hearing from my doctor today, or else I'll call her. I'll post what I find out.

Thanks everyone. It has been a long week.

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep me in your thoughts...UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page