Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  6:32:57 PM  Show Profile
I am a teacher, and one of the vice-principals in my building lives about 15-20 minutes away from me.
She was having a hectic weekend-her daughter had just had a baby, relatives were over, etc. She let her two dogs out for a minute. When she went to check on them, they had wandered off. She and her neighbor, who is a math teacher on my team, spent two days looking for them.
The state police found them shot to death next to a hiking trail not far from her house. They think they were shot somewhere else, then dumped there.
I'm just so mad. They were just such nice, friendly dogs. One was a lab named Mocha, the other a malamute named Rockey. One had just had surgery, so there was no way he could have run very far or fast.

I just don't understand how someone could do that to two wonderful dogs.

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  6:40:49 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear this. We had our dog Annie wonder off and she was gone for about a week or more and finally we got a call from the mailman and went to get her. I was so afraid someone would hurt her because she was so scared and not very friendly outside her comfort zone. I am sure the owners are heartbroken. I would be crying myself to sleep. I shed many a tear looking for Annie.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile
I am sooooooooooooo very sorry this happened to those 2 dogs, and the owners must be devastated. I hope someone saw something and calls it in to the police or humane society. Make sure this gets newspaper and TV news time, ask for donations to post a reward for the killer or killers arrests and convictions. Again, I am very sorry.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  10:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is so sad! Poor dogs and their poor owner too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  07:18:13 AM  Show Profile
That is very sad, it makes me mad too. I'm so sorry it happened and I hope they find who did it.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  07:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Man, that is the worst!!! My daughter had her little Pom shot to death also. He was in an inclosed back yard--somehow got out and shot and tossed on their front porch. Not nice at all. I have nothing good to say to cowards like that. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  08:06:53 AM  Show Profile
That was awful I just can't believe what people will do. But I would also be ver warry about the people around me if they are that sick what else could they do?

Dian

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  09:11:54 AM  Show Profile
That is sick, no other word for it. When I was in high school someone went around poisoning dogs in town. Put arsenic in food and threw to them. Our dog died a horrible death, and he never left the yard!!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile
So sad to hear! Our dog is a member of the family (yep even sleeps with us), we would be devastated. Some people in this world lately, makes me shudder to think how all this evil runs through their veins!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  7:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, That is just terrible! It is still unbelievable what people will do some times. My heart just breaks for the family!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
That's very sad, indeed.

First thing I thought of, though, was whether the dogs were harassing livestock? Malamutes especially have a high prey drive...not to mention wandering drive. While there is no justification for malicious behavior, and this is not meant to make anyone feel worse, your friend really ought not have let the dogs out unattended at a different home. Ultimately the responsibility lies on her.

Take a Ride on the Wild Side!
http://mustangdiaries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic So mad I could spit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page