Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Big Decisions and just some good ju ju...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Big Decisions and just some good ju ju... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  1:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Could you just keep Scott and I in the back of your mind over the next 6-9 months? We have a HUGE decision to make regarding the military and though I can't discuss details right now, it would involve us being able to leave the military and get on with our lives. This is due to some rather bad leadership and basically harassment, neglect and poor medical care on the military's part. You know I love and support the military with all my heart and will continue to do so but sometimes, the leadership and care in certain areas is lacking. So please just provide us the divine guidance to seek the best answer and make the wisest decision for our family. I will keep you posted as I find out more. This will HUGELY affect our family within the next year. Thank you.

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com

AuntieM
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Marjorie
Holly Springs NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  5:16:58 PM  Show Profile
You will be in my prayers that the right decision will be made.
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  7:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Good luck & best wishes!!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile
deffently will!!! Ill keep you all in my prayers. You've been such a wonderful help to me Heather...you have no idea. I hope everything works out.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  7:16:21 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  8:04:57 PM  Show Profile
My family over the years has seen the best , and the worst they have to offer. I basicly understand what you are saying, and you and yours are in my prayers, good luck.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  06:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Consider it done, Heather. I'm sending up prayers now!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  06:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
my nephew nearly lost his leg over some bad military dr decisions back several years ago in spain..sure serving your country and risking your life is one thing..but poor care is something else..once you have done what is necessary to volunteer and do what your country needs you to do..it is up to you to look after yourself

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  7:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for moving this to the right forum...sorry..I was VERY tired when I posted... : )

Here's the scoop:

Scott has had a host of small but problematic health issues over the years, including a hiatal hernia, which gives him heart attack symptoms and some problems with breathing from time to time. Secondly, he threw out his neck over a month ago and honest to goodness, there is a HUGE bump, almost like a bad knot, at the base of his neck. He has an MRI and another test scheduled but is just miserable. He can't get comfortable nor is he sleeping more than 3 hours a night. His command of course, doesn't believe him and claims he is just being lazy.... You must understand, Scott is 38, some of his supervisors are under 24 (and believe me, I have seen 19 year olds handle things with grace and maturity, but his unit seems to be full of whiny, let's make life miserable for everyone attitudes), never done a deployment (Scott has done 2) and have not had the hard years on their bodies like Scott has. It's just a normal part of aging, coupled with stress, etc...he has more experience and capability and knowledge in his little finger than some of these kids...and they are kids...treating him with so much disrespect just because they outrank him. He is in some SERIOUS pain...going to the ER about 10x this past month because his division doc won't do anything more for him than give him the military's answer to everything....Motrin... Remember...I have over 6.5 in the military myself and I injured my back and I was treated the same way, so I know the in's and out's of the games sometimes played.

Anywho---we decided to start pushing for a military discharge- medically- either receiving x amount of dollars and then doing a VA claim or if he is found to have over 30% disability, he will be medically retired and then do a VA claim...depending...

Honestly, we are so done with how he is being treated. He really had done everything beyond his current rank, including almost completing his Master's in Criminal Justice, all his quals, which he scores 95% or better everytime, being someone who is looked to by the younger kiddos and just an all around hard worker. They are treating him like he is suddenly a dirt bag because he is really hurt...I never understood this about the military....when you are genuinely hurt...they suddenly label you as worthless. I feel awful because Scott has lost his desire to continue on with military service. He is just plain done...and this was a man who had a passion in his eyes not too long ago but this has so worn on him, he is just done. We would rather take our chance in the civilian world than continue on like this. The good thing is, his unit is deploying in February and they want to get his replacement ASAP, so the ball could be rolling within the next month or so. PLEASE let this happen..please...

So please let this all work in our favor and give us, especially Scott, the strength to deal with all of this. It is very stressful and it is taking an emotional toll on him. I want this over as soon as possible and if it works out right, this may happen within the next year. YEAH...back to Texas...so please just keep some good light on us. I have honestly been on my knees praying so hard to find the right answer and I know this is the right thing, in my heart, to do. Please...thanks... (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Heather , I will be praying for you. My first husband was in military for our first eight years of marriage. I know what you are saying. I had my first three chidren then and the medical care was lacking to say the least. I have to make myself clear though.... I totally support our military persons and families. I just don't think they get treated right. I have told everyone for thirty years they are so under appereciated.
If congress really wanted to make a change they should improve the treatment of the people keeping us safe. Ok, now I will get off my soapbox. I hope you get to come home soon.

Sharlet

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peapicker...I SO LOVE our military...it's the people who sometimes end up in charge that get under my skin!!! And yes, the treatment is just plain awful sometimes. I worked with someone who was my supervisor and he had chest pains during our annual physical fitness test. They told him just to go home and rest and he dropped from a heart attack 8 hours later and had to be put on life support. That is one story of many. I actually want to work for the VA so I can help get the money into the right hands of those so deserving of it. Believe me, lack of PROPER healthcare is not something new...just the military "officials" won't talk about it. Ok...off my soapbox too... : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I agree and I hope you can make some changes.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Will do, Heather. Please let us know how things are going! Hope things turn out the way that you want them to!
Take care

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  7:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I hope all works out well for your husband and you. I will be thinking of you and sending up prayers .

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  7:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to all ya'll...we do appreciate...I will keep ya'll posted. (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  06:54:48 AM  Show Profile
Heather, your family continues to be in my prayers. I hope everything goes the way you all want. Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  07:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Scott has a bunch of medical appointments over the next 4-5 weeks. This could be the foundation for what we need to do to get this whole process started. Praying it all goes our way...

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  05:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Prayers and best wishes that everything goes as it should. I have a nephew in the AF and I know he's had things happen to him medically but won't complain because he says he'd be put down for it. This is such a shame that our troops are treated this way.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Big Decisions and just some good ju ju... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page