Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  10:58:57 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to throw your name around Queen Bee but believe me I need some serious FarmGirl Help!

In case you didn't know we are embarking on a major remodel project on our 1915 farmhouse, Old Henry. So far it is well under control but I can see the beginnings of what's to come; lots of mess, lots of junk, lots of wood scraps and mental, lots of pokey nails and what-nots, lots of equipment but so far not lots of workers. YET! I have some trepidation about it because I can sense that this is going to be a very male project! Heck even our farmhouse is male-ish so I'm constantly trying to girl it up around here and I think having a bunch of guys hanging around will be tough on my girl power! (I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek by the way!)

Here's the deal: Yesterday a port-a-potty was delivered to the farm. This feels big-time now. Just around the corner I'm going to have a painter, a sider, a roofer, a plumber, an electrician, an excavator, our contractor and architect hanging around a lot not to mention all kinds of other people who do God only knows what!

But this isn't what concerns me. So the guy delivering the potty, parks on the street in FRONT of my house. My dogs (4) are barking wildly but staying behind the invisible fence. I go to them and try to settle them down and greet the potty delivery man to discuss where to put this thing. I wander out to him with a hearty farmgirl, "Hey! how you doing?!" He greets me with daggers in his eyes. I'm startled and completely taken back. I notice that his composure practically screams that delivering this potty to my farm is the LAST thing that he wants to be doing. I try to feel for him but his attitude is so unpleasant. I notice that he has a pukey-greenness about him that I want to get away from as quickly as possible. I feel unnerved by his presence and I don't him around. He says to me, "So, you want this thing right here or what?" He tells me this as he's unstrapping the potty from the lift. He's not asking. I stutter, "Yeah, uh, ok." and then leave as quickly as I can without screaming like I'm running for my life. I don't call the dogs. I'm actually relishing the fact that they are 2 feet away from this creepy guy barking incessantly. I know it isn't nice but there it is.

So Farmgirls, I now have a huge Port-a-potty in the FRONT of my house along the road!!! EEEEK!! and EWWWW!!! I'm so weirded out that I'm laughing.

So my neighbor calls me and says, "Hey Julia, I just LOVE what you've done to the front of the house!" She's busting up laughing enjoying giving me a hard time. I encourage her to use the potty if ever the need arise!!!We have a hearty laugh.

But here's the problem. I'm sure tons of people are going to drive by, wonder, maybe even complain and never ONCE ask me what the deal is! I mean seriously..would I choose to put a potty in my front yard? PLEASE!!

So I tell my girlfriend that we need dolly up this potty and quick! My girlfriend tells me, "hey rustle up some farmgirls and get some ideas going!"

So that's what I need!! How do I gussie up this thing and lighten up this whole weird event. They may be able to move it but I can't imagine it is high on anyone's priority list. I'm not about to call and complain about Mr. Creepy. I can't even tell you what it was about him. He wasn't rude or mean...there was just something icky about him. I need a sign or an apron or something. I want people to drive by and laugh......

Help...send me your ideas and I need a name for this project!! HELP!!! !julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

Edited by - julia hayes on Nov 11 2009 10:08:07 AM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well..it's a throne...so give it a crown. ; )

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Shoot Julia~ I would take some of that wood and build a darling little "wall" to place in front (between it and the road), you could paint some Hollyhocks on them as that is what the ladies of old would ask when needing the privy... As most out-houses were hidden by the beautiful plant.

Or paint a big box on the wall that says "complaints go here", could lead for a good laugh or two :) LOL

Rene'Groom
Sister #185
Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julia,
I swear, I just want to travel with you for a couple of weeks.. I could make millions by writing a book called the "A day in the life of Julia Hayes"... starting of course with the turkey story :)

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
HEHEHE! I love the crown and "complaints go here" ideas!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile
That is funny! Sorry but I just had to laugh. I am sure the guy was creepy if this is what he does all the time. I could not even imagine doing that all the time.

But you could make a little picket fence and plant flowers in front of it. The only thing is those pottys are so BLUE. You can't help but notice them. You could paint the fence white and put red flowers in front. You'd be ever so patriotic and the neighbors will be so envious then. Put a flag on the top of the potty, too. In honor of our country. Oh, now I want one in my front yard too!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH...we could start a trend...you would know a farmgirl lived in a house by the fancy decorated potty in the yard!!!

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  12:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Get a Huge Crown for the top,and a little white cheapy picket fence to around it. ; )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  12:35:50 PM  Show Profile
how about putting caution tape around it?, lol....ok i couldnt help surfing the net for porta potty pics, here's a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jflauer/1363705638/

Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  12:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh, this is so what I needed! Heather, the CROWN!!! Oh my Goddess, you have no idea how PERFECT that is! I am the Queen of crown-making! Seriously!

Rene! I am all over the complaints go here box! I think I may even have an old toilet hanging around and I could use that as my 'box' instead! hahaha And by the way, who could make millions writing a book? Ah, that would be ME writing a book about YOU thank you very much!! A day in the life of Miss RuralFarmGirl Rene who drives around the countryside finding all kinds of amazing things.... I just seem to attract the weird and the odds and ends.. Ok, I attract some pretties too but I sure seem a magnet for the frayed and fringey!! Hey, do I smell collaboration?!! Seriously...

Ok, I'm thinking Autumn...I'm thinking witchy crown..I'm thinking hay bales and pumpkins...I'm thinking fencing....I'm thinking...

Bring on some more thoughts girls!!! Oooh Maybe I need an FarmGirl Scarecrow with apron.....What do you think???

This potty is a beige color not the bright blue kind. I'm happy about that. Kris, I totally thought the same thing as you. I was trying to be compassionate and that was my frame of mind upon greeting him but then he sort spewed this weird cosmic spiritual goop my way and I just couldn't sympathize any longer. Poor thing..I'm feeling for him; potty delivery guy AND he's got some seriously icky spiritual stuff going on.. I'm gonna have to leave his cause to someone else, I'm afraid...

Oh and Kris, I was cleaning our playroom and going through some of Aria's things when I discovered the cards you and your granddaughters sent. they are just such treasures!! thank you again!

Alee..got your FB message. Things here are super-duper. Aria is awesome. I've got to post some pictures!! Her first day of Kindergarten ones are real tear-jerkers! She's such a hoot!
Farmgirls, keep em coming. You all are gems!!~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  12:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julia,
Make sure to post pictures.. I know it will be the highlight of my week :)

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  2:09:49 PM  Show Profile
You must have a few of those little Christmas lights you could arrange on it, that would be some cheerful, hmmm, you probably don't have some moose antlers, but I agree with heather, a crown should be a must. I don;t know if your neighborhood has been infested with the wooden peeing boys, they seee m to be a perennial favorite around here, homemade out of plywood and painted up. Oh the possibilities are endless, I'm sure you will come up with a wonderful display...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  2:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Just hang a cute sign that says WELCOME - NO WAITING

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  4:36:51 PM  Show Profile
I'm thinking there must be a crescent moon on the door like a real outhouse!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  4:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
That's what I was thinking, "out house" it up! It's fall and cresent moons and fall flowers would be nice. Maybe a small Pumkin patch around it with a cobblestone sidewalk leading up to it. This is just so funny, but try and make it a good situation.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:50:35 PM  Show Profile
You could put one of those "pardon the mess, we're remodeling" signs on it! I love the crown idea though!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  7:52:32 PM  Show Profile
How about "crime scene tape", that yellow police tape, I've seen it for sale with the Holloween stuff before. If anyone asks, just tell them someone drowned.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Oh, my, leave it to Farmgirls!!!! I can't stop laughing, woopping and crying! This is the funniest... Love the crown idea, the complaint box, the pumpkin patch, crescent moon and halloween theme, hay bale etc. They are all great ideas, such wonders here on MJ's. Please post pics Julia when you have a free minute (Ha). Your commentary is also hilarious. You did good,best to stay away from bad vibes! :D

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  09:46:12 AM  Show Profile
I really think you should post a link to this page to the Honey Pot Company whoever they are. They ought to know who's representing them. The whole thing on your part is done in such a lighthearted way, they couldn't at all be offended by it and I'm sure they'd like to rectify it inasmuch as they don't know how offensive their employee is.

Yours for a happy ending, Sharon

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  4:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Julia~I am laughing hysterically right now as I picture this potty sitting on your front lawn.

I think you need some fencing to hide that big ole eyesore. LOL

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  9:20:25 PM  Show Profile
I have laughed and laughed over this one Julia, in my head is porta potty all decked out to the max......decorated each holiday with the crown on top of coarse....pumpinks, hay bale, scarecrow, corn stalks, a scary spider or two.....then thanksgiving......corn stalks and hay bales of coarse, bushel basket of apples....of coarse that is if we don't have snow by then....lol....
Christmas lights hanging off it with bulbs and ribbons and evergreens, A christmas tree all done up beside it....valentines day....LMBO....it could go on and on and on.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  7:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to people who have porta potties in their front yards!
I must say I have used a few. When bicycling or walking far from home in an emergency I try to think of areas with new homes being built or construction areas. You people have saved myself and fellow cyclists many times. I must say I have never used one that was decorated though. Only a farmgirl would think of that. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I think you should have some kind of decoration inside to make the users smile also.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  08:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Don't worry gals, I'm working on it!

Ok, so here's the deal. I was so stoked hearing all your ideas and then told my husband who was less than enthusiastic. "Well, (stutter-stutter) we can't deface the thing!" He was panicked about it and it nearly took all the wind out of my sails. It doesn't matter if he agrees with the idea so much that I appreciate and need his enthusiasm for it. Soooo, I called the porta-potty company earlier in the week and told them of 'my situation."

Thank Heaven the woman on the line was a total Goddess AND a farmgirl...she had to have been. She LOVED the idea and asked that I not use permanent marker and keep the door accessible..other than that, "Have at and be sure to take pictures!!" Once I told Doc about that he was so happy and relieved! We've been hit with enough hidden costs with this project that he couldn't deal with a fine! Poor guy.

So, I've been gathering my supplies and will spend next week in decorating mode!! Our contractor is thrilled. He actually giggled at the idea! Sooooo, stay tuned and thanks for all your input. You have definitely helped lighten the what otherwise could have been a crappy deal!

3 cheers!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  9:58:20 PM  Show Profile
ok, now I have to bring my mom by to see your P.P. Progress.....she'll really think all of Washatonians have gone nuts! lol! Least ways she'll return to california to tell her friends her daughter has some odd friends...
rothflmbo....
hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  10:00:54 PM  Show Profile
ok, "Honey Bucket" why does Whinnie the Pooh come to mind? lolololol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3323 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3323 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  06:23:48 AM  Show Profile
You call your home Old Henry?...Julia you are just going to laugh and laugh. While driving by our present home for almost a year before we bought the 100-year old plus boat of a place. We called her "Old Blue" Funny huh???

The porta potty. Uggh. Do you have a couple of pink plastic flamingoes?? They always seem to brighten up our neighbors front yard! HA!

love,

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page