Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  2:13:47 PM  Show Profile
I've finished PHASE 1 of my porta-potty redecorating gig!

I still have to finish the front door and I have to add a witch to the scene. I'm still making her..There are no pumpkins available yet...at least ones that are convenient so those will be added among other things.. I definitely need more spider webs too.. But you get the idea of where I'm headed!! I haven't done the inside yet either..I'm going fairy....glitter etc...

I went with a Crow Crown!! Let me know what you all think!! Suggestions? Please..Area farmgirls, please feel free stopping by and adding to the scene as you like too!! NoWorries!! much cheer! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  2:20:33 PM  Show Profile
How do you remodel a bathroom in a house that only has one bathroom? Methinks maybe a port-a-potty is a good idea, as long as it isn't out there more than a week. I don't know what else to do unless I rent a hotel room for a week or so--dog included.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  2:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Toooooooooo Ca-ute!!!!! Love your crow crown...I love it.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  2:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Love it Julia!! You are so talented!
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  3:32:26 PM  Show Profile
It looks great.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  4:02:49 PM  Show Profile
The crow crown is totally doing it for me.. I have to work on my sign a bit.. It reads "MISCHIEF MANAGED" You can't really see it..I think the purple paint has a glare so I'll touch that up....I'll take some more pictures included the little haunted house that's on the hay bale.. It's actually a haunted building that reads: Flatliner Medical School! I bought it years and years ago for my husband while he was in med school...Makes me laugh every single time!! I need a magic 8 ball too and I need to finish my witche's broom...maybe a cauldron...uh-oh...the ideas are cooking..Stay tuned!!!!!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia- You did an AWESOME job!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile
Ok Ladies, I've been working on my porta-potty some more.

We've hit a snag in the remodel process...county permit stuff. Totally no worries just time wasted is all. No harm done. We'll have the permit on Monday, inspection soon afterward (hopefully) and begin pouring footings and foundation. Everyone knows we're in crunch time for the weather and to get things sealed up for winter..

By the way, we started this process in April! Yeah, it is what it is...So I hadn't been motivated to work on the potty since no one was using it. But they'll start again soon so I had to do something.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the "Throne" back that will go behind the seat. Aria and I made it and I must say it is a GLITTERY gem. It has the word "PRINCESS" written on it in blue glitter! There's a really cool leafy crown that hangs on it too in case anyone sitting wants to add a little extra feeling of pretty in the process! Makes me so happy and full of girl power I can hardly stand it!!

So, Doc comes home yesterday after a wicked stressful day and looks at this thing and asked what it was. After I explained it to him, his response was, "Princess?" He could NOT have rolled his eyes any bigger when saying that by the way and followed that comment up with, "Well, I just hope no one pisses all over it!"

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yeah, right here insert the sound of a birthday balloon losing all its air! This, by the way, is so not like this man but being the huge big baby that I am I was totally bummed. I took it personally and felt completely ridiculous. I gave it 30 minutes and talked to him about it. He was crushed to know that he had hurt my feelings and was totally supportive. Yeah, my Doc was back! But he wanted to give me a warning that some of these men might take it the wrong way and be all "Anti-social" and have a pee decorating fiasco with it. You got it, he's a psychiatrist...He dips into the Dark Side more than most of us. Poor guy...he needs glitter!

He was totally fine with it..but then I got to thinking about Mr. Creepo porta-potty delivery person...there are some people out there that wouldn't be into the princess throne action. So I came up with an idea to ease them into it!
((((((drumroll)))))))) Yep, I'm making an apron for the door! I can't wait to show it to you..It is nearly complete. All scrap fabric too. Oh, I feel relieved (no pun intended) because the front door was so not doing it for me..It needed something so badly..This apron is SO the ticket..

On a completely different note:

We no longer have front steps leading to the house. We walk on pirate planks! they are very fun and are now covered in glitter so they glow at night. But I got to thinking about winter coming, early morning frost freezing and those planks are going to get wicked slippery. So, I called our contractor and asked him that if the steps can't be made soon if he could change the angle of the planks to more of slope. I figure I could have a stack of flying saucers at the front door and we could flying saucer down the ramp!!!

Stay tuned....~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Julia I enjoy walking your planks and I think your pooper is BEEOOOTIFUL!! I think you should make a little trap above the throne door that secretly spinkles glitter over the mens head when the walk in ; ) And something is bound to get pissed on, most mens aim sucks ; )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  10:18:56 AM  Show Profile
Ok, so the weather has done a # on my display but I'm already thinking jingle bells and Santa stuff now...twinkling lights..the works..I had to show you the PORTA-POTTY APRON I made though..See? There really is nothing that can't be made pretty with a simple apron. I've also included a picture of what you see when you ENTER the throne room!!!! Enjoy! ~julia

In case you can't read it..the witch is holding a sign that says, "throne room'. The witch's hair was made using the frayed selvage edges of fabric! You have to pull the little skull to open the door and when you do, this is what you see!!! tee hee hee!!!

Can you tell that it reads "Princess!" Aria and I made this....There's glitter e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e!!

my workers haven't said a word...That makes me laugh too!!

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
HAHAHA! Oh Julia! You crack me up!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP!!! What would MaryJane Do??!!! *NEW APRON PIC Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page