Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile
how bored I am today. It's rainy outside. All of my craft projects are done or caught up as far as I can go with them. Hubby doesn't get home for another hour and a half and the kids are playing by themselves. I finished all the books I had in the new novel series I am reading and now I am just burning time online waiting for Hubby to get home. I don't have a clue what to do with myself. A nap crossed my mind, but as soon as Mommy's eyes close, kiddos are no longer playing contendedly. :P

How is your day going?
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  12:22:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm just hanging around too. Hubby and I are going out to eat tonight for our anniversary, so no cooking for me. It's thundering outside, we expect rain today and for the next few days, so I may doze off soon.Rain puts me to sleep!
Otherwise, just surfing the 'net!

Caron

Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."
Ps. 128:1-2.
Farmgirl sister #254

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  12:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your anniversary, Caron! I'm nosey, which one is it? :) Hubby and I are coming up on #7 in January. Time just seems like it flies by.
It rained here for about an hour. The soft but noticeable kind. Just enough to soak the ground and then it stopped. :)
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  12:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm new here, just came on last night! Seems like everyone is so friendly! Gosh, wish we had some rain, going to be near 100 here today. We own a logging company and with the economy my husband hasn't worked all summer. He's usually gone all summer and home all winter so this summer has been a real test of my patience! He went to visit his brother today so I was looking around and found you guys. Hope you both have a wonderful rest of your afternoon! Oh, Happy Anniversary Caron! I'll be on #20 in May, seems like only yesterday we were dating!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  1:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer
It has been interesting having Hubby home more than he has been working. Hard to get the kiddos on a schedule ;) He had an interview today that I am hoping went well. Get him out of my hair and get us back on track..lol
I can't even begin to imagine 20 years. I am looking forward to it, but imagining it is still a little hard..lol
Glad you found us Jennifer. Settle in girlfriend!! lol
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  1:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,
I wish your husband luck on his interview. Yep haven't nearly got done this summer what I ususlly do, they sure do take up a bunch of time don't they. Hopefully next spring will be more like normal and he'll set out for the woods! I was 17 and he was 24, actually the early years were harder I think because of the age difference. It's taken me a long time to get him trained the way I want, hee-hee-hee. Love his little self but, it is time for him to leave me to my routine.
Just curious what do the colored stars mean under your name, the 5 blue ones? Just trying to get the feel of this, I've been reading a bunch of the forums today. I even signed up for the holiday apron swap.

Thanks Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile
I think my hubby maybe has found a job. He has been out of work since March. Bad news, is this job pays $10.00 less per hour! OUCH!
He is happy just to be getting a job though.
I have been home all day keeping my 3 month old granddaughter.
She is so sweet and cuddly
My parents are both moving in with us on Friday.
My life is going to be very different, but I am hoping for the best.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  2:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Gena- that is a hard pay cut to take, but perhaps this new job will get you by until a better job comes along for him?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Whenever I'm bored,I remind myself to be grateful as I'll take boredom any day of the week over illness,upsetting news,or any other disaster-boredom means all is peaceful,and all ya gotta do is figure out what to do with this relaxing time! Caron congrats on the anniversary! Wish we had rain here-we really need it. Been shopping online for rainboots as my old ones are just worn out after 15 years of use. I found a pair of plum ones with stars on em that I want.
Man that is a hard paycut to take-does hubby have a skill he could make marketable? Web design,music lessons,woodcrafting,etc?

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Quiet day here. Not much going on. Happy Anniversary Caron! Jennifer the different colored stars under our names means how gabby we are. LOL. The more you post the more stars you get and they change colors. The stop sign looking things under some of our names means we've joined the sisterhood. Anyone can join and you can find more information about the sisterhood on the home page of the forum. Prayers for all those looking for work to find jobs soon! Happy hump day everyone!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cheryl,
Thank-you for the info, I feel sorta silly asking questions everybody already knows the answers to. Maybe another new girl was wondering the same thing. Holy cow my stars will be adding and changing constantly, I'm a gabby one! I'll have to set aside a special time for this otherwise my chores will never get done, I'm having so much fun talking with all you girls.

Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, it's number 9 so today is 9-9-09 and our 9th anniversary. Hubby said we should play all these 9's on the lotto or something! LOL!

Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."
Ps. 128:1-2.
Farmgirl sister #254

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  4:33:25 PM  Show Profile
LOl...sounds like a good plan Caron! hehe

Jennifer..I wondered the same thing when I first started and it drove me a little bonkers that mine weren't like the other girls, but since I've been "blessed" (is blessed the right word..lol) with the extensive gift of gab, it didn't take long to build up to blue and lots of them. :D I look at some of the girls who have more than I do and think wowsers!! lol

Sherrie--You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I am so thankful that I could be bored today. Normally, I am running ragged and waiting with baited breath for Hubby to get home so that he can take the kids and I can shut myself in the bathroom for a nice hot (semi-quiet) shower. :D

hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  6:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie- Like when you look at mine? LOL I must be the Queen of Gab! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  6:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
Well I understand about the logging industry some Jennifer. My dad drives dump truck here in west virginia and he just got steady work at the rock mine/quarry about a month ago due to the economy. It's just apart of life. There are always mountains and valleys and each day you have to take it slow and work with it. It's only life, can't complain about it nor blame anyone! :) P.S. my stars might just change alot since i'm on facebook all the time probably be the same as here! lol!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http//sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
summer finally arrived here in N Michigan..it is hot and humid..i went out and repaired some fence and hauled up a hose that was needed to be moved..but that was it..came in and am vegging...had planned on shopping but son took my car to work..so i'm stuck..and i don't feel like the heat..maybe i'll go out as the sun begins to go down??

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wow! I can't believe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page