Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Help Spots appearing after washing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Help Spots appearing after washing Next Topic  

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  08:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Help!!!
I have succeeded in ruining almost all of my shirts in the past few months. Three months ago we got a stackable front loading washer dryer. We bought it used from a friend. I continued to use the laundry soap so many of us on this forum make at home. I have noticed spots that look like leftover grease spots on my shirts. I have tried soaking them in Oxyclean, bleaching the white ones, checking for leftover grease in the machine, and spraynwash to no avail. I hate to toss out all my shirts before I've consulted all of you for ideas. They are all 100% cotton. Thanks so much!
Joy

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  2:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I bet it isn't the clothes. I bet something greasy like chapstick got dried in the drier before you got it and as you dry your clothes- it's coming off on them. Try washing out the inside of the dryer and then drying a load of towels or rags that don't matter if they get spotted. I am not 100% sure but I think you just have to wait it out if the washing doesn't get rid of it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  8:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I'd bet Alee is onto something with her idea about it being something in your dryer. I remember once washing and drying my ex husband's jeans and work shirts and everything seemed fine till I did the next load of my clothes. One of his black permanent markers had been left in a shirt pocket and when my clothes came out of the dryer they were totally ruined. Black marker everywhere. I was just a wee bit upset with him for not emptying pockets and me for not checking that he did. My bets on the dryer too. Good luck!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:47:14 AM  Show Profile
I wonder if the friend who had it before used dryer sheets? WSome will make marks for ever and I have yet to get them out.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  03:34:36 AM  Show Profile
I'll check!
Thanks for all the ideas.
I'll wash it out before I do another load.
Have a great day!
Joy
quote:
Originally posted by gramadinah

I wonder if the friend who had it before used dryer sheets? WSome will make marks for ever and I have yet to get them out.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Help Spots appearing after washing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page