82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  4:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Hee Hee Hee I just noticed you called! What a great friend I am. I have started on some thyroid meds and they make me sleepy so I slept all afternoon sorry My plate is full but never to full for a friend in need. So, I will call you but once again I am a bad friend and my old cell phone died and with it your home numberSooooo please email me the number and I will call you and I am cleaning out my mail box right now!!!!! Talk to you soon.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  6:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, So you lupus is in your skin? My boss has it in her lungs....And she has suffered with it alot. She is really worried about the swine flu. I really feel for you and I am sorry you must suffer. I hope things get better if you go on the diet that Alee has suggested for you.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  6:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Lisa - thank you for coming to this site and expressing your hurts and sadness. It gives all of us a chance to share and help and pray. So you give us all a gift in the midst of your sorrow. I pray that you can begin to feel stronger and better. I have a good friend who has suffered with Lupus for over 20 years, and I can tell you she looks younger and better than I! There is a light. And things will get better. Until then, let your crying out and let your thoughts out here. We are for you!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  7:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, this flare up attacked my skin, joints, circulatory system, digestive system and vision this time. The prednisone took care of the joint pain, eased up my digestive problems and seems to have stopped further deterioration of my vision. I'm taking aspirin to try to relieve the circulatory problems and I'm hoping it works before they decide to put me on coumadin. It seems that my skin is the first thing it attacks and the last thing it backs off of. I can handle a few blisters here and there, but in the midst of a full-blown flare, I look like I came out of a fire. I had lung problems in the past, way back before they knew what was wrong with me and that is difficult to deal with. I can understand your boss's concern with the flu. She already has lung problems and if she's on prednisone, then she has little or no defense against it.

Shirley, your friend probably looks so young because she's been avoiding the sun all these years! Which is the part I find difficult to do.

It was good to finally get you on the phone, Laura!

Thanks for allowing me to throw my tantrum here. I guess I'm kind of feeling a cabin fever kind of thing. Which I've never had before because I actually get outside a lot in the winter, too! I'm not feeling so down today and more like myself again.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  10:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
I am so sorry to hear about the disease you have and that you are unable to be outside. You seem to love the outdoors like a few people in my family. The people in my family who loves the outdoors can not stand to be inside, you seem to be one of those people...Are you?

I know it must be terrible to be cooped up all day. I could not imagine having to cover my entire body just to go outside.

Diseases are a horrible thing and they can prevent people from doing the things they love.

I hope you can find the bottom of the hole you were speaking of and crawl back out.

Keep praying about the disease and I do hope it gets better. I will pray for you too.

I know you said that you like ot be outside, but do try to find some inside things to do that will make you happy. You said you like to garden, maybe you could start some seedlings in the house.

I hope you get better very soon!

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  06:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about this. My grandmother had lupus and had bad times just like you. I wish there was something more I could do to help but please know I'm praying and sending positive energy your way.

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile
To all of you with lupus, fibromyalgia, arthritis, diabetes or whatever: Acceptance is the hardest thing to succomb to. I have all but lupus and I feel like you at times. But I learned that I must think of the things I can do. I had to slow down to doing half of what I did before. I love the outdoors and I broke my leg. I couldn't teach outdoors this summer.
Please don't give up. We will have flare ups and remissions, anger, rage, crying fits,etc. But find something you can do to help others and FOCUS on that. Maybe you could help teach others something over the internet. Find a support group so you can Hug. Play funny movies, read funny stories, write in a journal(no two journals) one for when you are angry and a scrapbook of when you are happy. We make ourselves happy or sad. We can't change what happened to us outside, the only thing we can change is our attitude.
Ain't easy, but you did the right thing by writing about your feelings. God bless.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  04:15:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lisa,

It's ok to be sad sometimes. Us women tend to put on a strong face for everyone, I've done it myself, only to become overwhelmed and I've broke down while taking a shower (so no one hears me crying), or while I'm outside alone. Good thing is that the bad never lasts that long and I think it's ok to be upset at times. I don't know anything about lupus, but I do live in chronic pain from a neck and back injury about 9 yrs ago (lifting something tooo heavy). I finally had neck surgery in march 2008, and was pain free for about a year. Well, the pain came back several months ago- so bad, where at times I can't turn my head without terrible pain shooting down my back. My hands go numb, I have pain in my hands like arthritis, and pains down my legs. I had a disc removed in my neck, had a donor bone inserted, and have a plate in my neck. the recovery was horrible, I wound up having partially collapsed lungs after the surgery. I get transforaminal back injections for the discs out in my back, which seem to be helping, and I can feel in the last few days that that is wearing off. I'm not due for another injection until the end of Oct. When it wears off enough, I will hardly be able to walk. The doctor keeps telling me to have surgery- but after the neck experience, I'm not sure what to do.

SIGH- the point is, I totally understand your frustration. and I LOVE to garden. My hands hurt so bad last week, that I was pruning outside and had to stop, because my fingers hurt so. I am only 40.

I also just lost my job aug 25, and decided to go back into home care. I went to an agency yesterday, filled out everything, and was told that if I couldnt lift 200 lbs, I couldnt work. well I cant lift 200 lbs because of my neck and back. I felt depressed, and just got in my pickup and sat there. I felt lost. I dont know what to do, but I am going to try and be strong. I wish my side business would pick up a lot.

Lisa, I wish I could give you a big hug! I will pray for you, me, and everyone that we get through these tough times!
Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Edited by - naturemaiden on Sep 09 2009 04:16:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  07:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa- how are you doing? Hope you are starting to feel better!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  08:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm still thinking of you Lisa. I hope you are feeling better.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can we talk? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page