Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Kitchenaide attachment Next Topic  

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  9:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone here have the food grinder attachment? My mixer came with it and I've never used it. It shows in the picture grinding meat but we don't hunt or butcher our meat so I wouldn't use it for that. It didn't come with any instructions per say so what else could I use it for? It comes with coarse and fine grinding plates.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  9:51:40 PM  Show Profile
I have had mine for almost 20 years and use it alot. I do use it for meat. If you buy a roast and cut it into strips many times it is cheaper than buying hamburger and it is much much nicer. I have used it grind ham to make ham balls, or leftover roast or chicken to add to casseroles. Hmmmm I have used it for grinding lot of nuts one time. I had to buy mine separartely. I think it is a great attachement. If you get the pasta plates you can use it also form making pasta. I have them but never use them. In fact..if I can locate them and you are interested I would be glad to send them to you. It is just more of the plates but with pasta shapes..they come in a tube sort of thing for storage. I bought them in the late 80's and I think I used them once. I know I am weird but I don't like pasta. I make it for my family but since I don't enjoy it myself I don't tend to spend lots of time on it so if I find them...I think I have a good idea where they are...and you are interested just let me know..and that would be another use!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mari-dahlia
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Marianne
Hoosick Falls New York
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  04:32:25 AM  Show Profile
My mom uses hers to make sausage or pate'.
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  05:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny, you are awesome!! I would love to have them! My family is huge pasta eaters. Let me know how much you want for them, I'll take them.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  06:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Nothing..just send whatever postage it shows on the package..I will try to locate them today and get them off to you ASAP. I hope they help.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  07:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Are you sure? I would really like to pay you something for them. You are so sweet to do that, I'm excited to get them!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  10:53:07 AM  Show Profile
I am totally sure..I have felt guilty for years that I never use them...now to look for them..

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  1:07:38 PM  Show Profile
I use mine to grind zucchini and peppers for relish. Works like a charm and is faster than my handy-dandy old cast grinder...especially when you're taking about POUNDS of stuff needing grinding! Enjoy those pasta plates!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  1:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Jenny, it's VERY nice of you!!

I plan on making lots of zucchini relish this summer, I'll have to remember to use the grinder then. That's a good idea!!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Kitchenaide attachment Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page