Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Ya know you're getting old when....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ya know you're getting old when.... Next Topic
Page: of 3

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  6:20:55 PM  Show Profile
i just love to hear people talk about how life was when they were kids. it's amazing to me just how different everything was! and how some things were way better (normal families eating dinner at the table together) and some things were far worse (outhouses). This is kind of like a free subscription to 'Remember When' magazine. It's a magazine who's pages are completely filled up with memories of days gone by. It's so fun to read! I'm not a subscriber (yet!) so keep these memories flowing!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Do you all remember party lines? Our number was 6-W---when we asked the operator for a number, it was busy so we'd hang up....in a while the operator would call back nd tell us the ine was opened. Also, when we picked up the phone to ask for a number, we would have a visit with the operator before she would ring our number

2) When color TV came in

4) When the first TV was delivered to your home

5) "Winston taste good like a cigarette should a' TV commerical

6) Payton Place---real racey back then

The list is endless and I love this topic...Thanks for taking me down memory lane
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  3:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
The Andy Griffith Show! Opey was so cute and Aunt Bee....the black and white early ones are the best.
Barney Fife! Remember??

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ya know you're getting old when.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page