Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Ya know you're getting old when....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ya know you're getting old when.... Next Topic
Page: of 3

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Let's start a fun topic...smiles or laughs are the requirment on this topic....no downers, please.

Ya know you're getting old when ya ask for SENIOR discount and they never bat an eye and give it to ya! I wanted at least a shocked or surprised look....and wanted to show ID but didn't have to!!
....must be getting old.
LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:25:24 AM  Show Profile
You know you're getting old when............

the police officer that stopped me for speeding didn't look old enough to have a drivers license!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You wake up and realize it's been forty years since Woodstock!
Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Aug 31 2009 11:43:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  12:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, ain't it the truth!! LOL I have seen doctors that look like teenagers...!
it's 40 years since I graduated from High School!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  12:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Ya gotta be old to understand this cartoon.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  1:34:41 PM  Show Profile
To the moon

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Nothing makes me feel old lately like our local sherriffs. I want to ask them if their mom knows they are out playing with guns! Linda, thats a great comic, No one knows who Alice is. ANother example is I made the commet at work " A watched pot never boils" and no one knew what I meant!

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  1:53:55 PM  Show Profile
you know you're getting old when you sit around and talk about the good old days.......the tv shows, the old time movies when a passionate kiss on the beach was a bit much,all the different food products that are long gone.Sen sens, Bosco,Orange ade.

Ah yes......the ads like see the USA in your Chevrolet.....guess I'm getting old.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  3:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Remember Route 66? It was a black and white tv show.

I remember when we kids had to go to bed before Gunsmoke came on because it was too violent for us to watch. My dad liked it...the only show he ever liked!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  3:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
What about Dobie Gillis? anyone remember that show?

even I was young then...LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:16:30 PM  Show Profile
...you remember when each episode of Batman ended with a voice telling you to watch next week "same Bat time, same Bat channel"
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:27:25 PM  Show Profile
....June Cleaver looking perfect at breakfast. Her hair,her beautiful dress,pearls,her perfectly kept house. She was my idol. When everyone else was into Woodstock and rebellion all I wanted to do was bake a pretty cake. While wearing pearls. Oh, June Cleaver was the Beavers mom. Beaver who you say? You know, Wally's brother, the Beave.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

Edited by - mommatracy on Aug 31 2009 4:28:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes! and my mother never looked like June...my daddy never looked like the dad either...what was his name?
My kind of family is more like Rosanne's LOL!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Anyone remember Ozzie and Harriet? I remember the episode where Ricky decided to have a band and sing...it is from that episode that he made his career..Ricky Nelson

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile
June Cleaver's husband was Ward. Dad to the Beaver! He always looked so nice in his sweaters and suits.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile
oh my gosh....such memories......don't forget Eddie Haskell....what a goodie 2 shoes was he. Remember pINKY lEE....AND mISS fRANCIS...rEMEMBER cRUSADER RABBIT???

tHOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

bEVERLY

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:06:19 AM  Show Profile
You know you are getting old when:

When all or most of your doctors look younger than you

You don't get carded as much, and then do the happy dance when you are asked for i.d. OR when the person asking looks like they are in high school and not even close to the legal drinking age

You begin most mornings w/ a cuppa coffee and 2 Alieve

Soap operas no longer have the same appeal and you would rather race home to take a nap at that time instead

Most of your frineds also go to bed around the 9:00 hour and think nothing of it when you leave a party before 10:00

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Love that Alice Kramdem cartoon! LOL for sure! And Beverly - I bought an official 'Pinky Lee' xylophone in it's original box in a thrift store. Did he even play an instrument??? What about Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:35:34 AM  Show Profile
oh yes...I think he did........I think.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I mostly remember him dancing around and singing: "It's me, It's me, my name is Pinky Lee"! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  07:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Anyone remember Beanie and Cecil? Or Bullwinkle and Rocky? I loved Kukla, Fran and Ollie..smile. Did anyone else ever hope the school bus got them home before 4 PM so they could watch Dark Shadows? Barnabus Collins was the coolest vampire...LOL Anyone remember Jackie Gleason's other show? His variety type show where he bartended in one part of the show and the "drunk" would be there acting all silly until Jackie would ask him to sing and he'd suddenly sober up and sing like a lark? How about Milton Burle's show? Or Mitch Miller's sing a long with the bouncing ball? Red Skeleton's show? Gosh those were the days..and yes, I'm feeling older by the minute...laughing

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  07:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
You know you're getting old when you go to the grocery store and what you have in your cart is fiber cereal, metamucel, prunes, bengay, prep H, depends, and ice cream of course. Oh, and you know what black and white tv was and a rotory two party phone.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/
klamathfallscharmingchicks.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  08:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
oh yes,, I had some black only rotary phone...they were tied by cord to the wall too...and heavy.
I remember when Ma Bell came out with a color phone...wasn't it olive green? (Bell Telephone was the only phone company)
We even had a party line for a while at one place (I was a child)
Ya had to wait until the other person at another house got off the phone before you could use it. Ya also could listen to their conversation too. They were strangers so we didn't know them. I heard of people who had arguments with strangers because they wouldn't get off the phone line so ya could make a call.
Loooong before wireless!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  08:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Gail! Did ya really get those things in one shopping trip?? LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  08:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Remember the Princess Phone? I just bought a pink one(my childhood fantasy) on ebay!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  09:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, the Princess phone was really nice!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ya know you're getting old when.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page