Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What are ya'll up to today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are ya'll up to today? Next Topic  

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I got the kiddos off to school about an hour ago. Since I have the day off, I thought I would do a little rearranging, de-cluttering, organizing and cleaning. Right now I am on break. I know I've only been at it for about 30 minutes. But so far I have:

1. moved a big, bulky wooden desk out of my bedroom (which also doubles as my craft room) I wish I had taken some bfore pics. This took a little fan-ang-ling as I had to pick it up off the floor and swing it up over the end of the bed to get it close to the door. Now it's sitting on my back porch waiting to go on freecycle.

2. set up a folding table that will now be my sewing table. takes up a lot less room.

3. cleaned out a cabinet on my long dresser to make room for purses and pjs- so that cleaned out a drawer and half the big cabinet on the armoire to make room for the dvd cases later and fabric.

4 I decided I did not have enough room for my crafting supplies and fabric in just one little dresser drawer so I came into the living room and snatched my cherry telephone cabinet. Ok that might not be very big but it feels like it weighs a ton.

So that why I'm taking an early break. After I finish the bedroom, I plan on doing an overhaul on the living room. Hey anyone know a good massage therapist? I think I'm going to need it.

Hope you ladies are having lovely day!
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
You're so together, Melanie. I've been up for a few hours, but am still moving slow. Just been reading and working on some laundry. My morning pot of coffee is nearly gone and when it is, I have to get together and go to the school. I have a tech pack to finish up for tomorrow mornings class, then I've got to go to work at the store for the closing shift. That will take my whole day.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com

Edited by - BarefootGoatGirl on Aug 31 2009 07:02:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today I am cleaning up from a pizza party on Saturday and doing laundry. Nora has an upper respirtory infection of some sort so we will probably stay home and do stuff around the house and yard so we don't spread germs all over the place.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Ahhh Corrine sounds like you are having a relaxing, calm morning. Those are nice too.

Piiiizzzzaaaaa mmmmmmmm! hahahhaa Poor Nora. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:47:24 AM  Show Profile
You ladies are busy!

On my list today:

~Weed the garden, I have a hard time keeping up!
~Laundry (2 loads)
~Bake 2 loaves of bread
~Need to make phone calls
~Dust & Clean
~Do some prep cooking
~I want to make some candied violets before the violets are gone

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:49:40 AM  Show Profile
Trying to get back into the swing of work after a lovely weekend. Fall-like temps, reading in the porchswing with Violet, picnics and strolls through the nature preserve. Wish I could do it all again today!

Have to renew my car tags at lunchtime, run to the bank, and eat...

Tonight, Violet's 6 month doc appointment, dinner and BED.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  08:23:06 AM  Show Profile
Sent hubby off to work....after his chores were done and him bringing me in 2 five gallon buckets of tomatoes and 1 of cucumbers...guess I know what I'm doing the rest of the day!
Teenage son off to school....(make mental note to tell him not to spray on so much cologne!)
Cup of coffee and a few minutes sitting in the glider while admiring the flowerbed I cleaned,deadheaded and mulched yesterday.(it's a picture perfect day here in Ohio!)
Made the beds and put laundry away this morning and then sat down to see what the "farmgirls" were all doing. My main goal today is to finish the gift I'm making for my Farmgirl Secret Sister. The third round ends tomorrow and I haven't been the best Secret Sister that I could have. So I'm sending something special.....

Hope all is well with my "Sisters" no matter where you are!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  08:41:30 AM  Show Profile
i actually feel fairly constructive today....

did 1 load of laundry, the second is hanging on the line.

did one of my excercise dvd's for 45 minutes

now i'm off to pick my strawberries and green beans, maybe turn and water my compost, and some point i need to weed, too (why is weeding "one of those chores" you're ALWAYS behind on?) oh, and maybe bake some english muffin bread... it's fabulous!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:41:43 AM  Show Profile
I am babysitting my granddaughter today so I have been playing paperdolls, reading and doing her signing flashcards with her.
I have canning planned for this afternoon.
Peach jam, triple berry jam and maybe raspberry if I still have the motivation
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Got off to work - they changed my hours so I now go in an hour earlier. Got the bedroom tidied up and felt like collapsing. I felt awful all weekend, but I got laundry together to do when I get home. When I get home, I hope to do some sewing on my Halloween apron, but make no promises. Then I plan to take some Nyquil and collapse in bed. Hubby is helping his brother get stuff from his ex-girlfriend's house, so I don't have to deal with him. All reruns on TV tonight, so will probably put on a little music and just try to feel better. I feel really unaccomplished and unmotivated right now, but I don't care.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are ya'll up to today? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page