Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic useless Next Topic
Page: of 2

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  02:22:20 AM  Show Profile
That is how i feel, absolutely useless and forgettable. No reason to go on. won't do anything to myself but just need some prayers. hope this feeling passes real soon. feel just dispensable really. no family, no kids, no reason to do anything. For whom do I do thing but for me and i am so noit worth it.please say a little prayer fdor this mood to pas soon

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  04:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Marian, my goodness, girl. You have all of us! And how could you forget little Miss Pinky kitty. And your brother. And all your wonderful friends right near you. You really do have SO much Marian. I know you are just going through "one of those times" we all go through. But just remember, this too shall pass. You will get through this. You are such a wonderful caring person. And I am sure you have lots to offer. God is not finished with you yet, lady!! Just hang in there.

Sending LOTS of good thoughts, prayers and hugs across the ocean to you.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  04:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and every time I see pink I think of you! And I am so sure everyone here does, too.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  05:15:04 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Kris. Everyone one of us is important and worthwhile!!! We all have our moments when we feel down but remember you have all of us and contribute so much to the other farmgirls!! I'm praying for you.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Although I dont really know you, I enjoy reading your blogs and posts. I know we all have these times. I have lost several family members this past year and a half and have the whole hormone thing going on. Sometimes life just feels like it tosses a lot of things our way.

I like the quote "What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God." ~Eleanor Powell

You are such a talented lady. Look at your life and think of all the good things. Then go out and find something pink to cheer your spirits. (hugs and prayers)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
hugs and prayers to you Marian. i hope you feel better soon.

melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Yuck!!! I hate those moooopy poopy days too. BUT I have your box ready to go today, and there are pink treasures in it!! YEAH!! And you not so indispensable, who would make my snoods for me?? Well I know it's not like getting to do laundry for seven (other than yourself) getting to pick up others dirty under ware when you don't even wear any yourself, cooking for others when you don't even feel like eating, or being sick and still having to get up and do do do for others because they just can't seem to do for themselves. And when you just want to sit and paint your toe nails pink someone is yelling from the other room they just can't find that rubber band in the drawer that only you can reach into and pull out a HUGE bag of.
Maybe you better schooch over on that pity pot and make room for me!! I'll help you go through this goody box, even sneak out the chocolate bar for myself!! Oh ok I'll give you half....

Chin up brighter days are to come, smiling Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy - please take this in the spirit in which it is intended. In the midst of your depression, please spend your time in prayer and reading scripture and a devotional that will get you through the hours. It cannot hurt, and will probably help. You are worth it to God, and to many folks, but real strength comes from God. Pray for that and for a feeling of peace to come. You are such a lovely woman and so giving. Think on those things.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:08:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry that you are down Marian.

I wholeheartedly agree with Jeannie.Times when we are down and depressed are especially the times we need to be clinging to Him and drawing close to Him. Happiness is based on circumstance but true joy comes only from Jesus. Hang in there sweetie :) You are being lifted up right now!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Aug 31 2009 07:14:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:09:22 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy, I always look forward to your posts, you make a great diffrence. You make me think pink!! Carol

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy- I have to agree with the ladies! You are part of the Farmgirl family! I love reading your posts and I think you are a very special lady with lots to offer to the world! You have lots of creativeness, a wonderful unique personality, and a great sense of humor! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  09:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Dutchy! Marian...I don't know which you prefer...I just like the cute name Dutchy...:-)
Where are you? I hope ya read these responses soon! Let us know how today is going for you!!
I'm thinking and praying about you all day today.
(((((huuuuggggggssss for YOU))))))

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I don't mind whatever y'all call me :)Marian, Dutchy,Pink Princess all is fine by me.

Gals I have emailed this to Linda just yet. I am reading a Dutch site about Menopause. I KNOW I am in the middle of it, I am 52. BUT stupid me just thought it was mostly about the monthly thing and things like that, you know . I have no symptoms, no night sweats to speak of etc. BUT I just now read that there is also a mental menopause going on!! You know, in my brains!! And that is exactly how I feel. WOW this is a real eyeopenenr for me. I know, this may sound so silly to y'all and maybe it is. But things that are written in that article, the anger, the withdrawing, the wanting to run away from it all, the not caring anymore and way more. THAT IS ME.

I will try and visit my doctor this week and talk to her about it.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile
NOT silly at all!!! That is most definitely me too Marian...I call it mentalpause! I can handle all the physical symptoms and do get some terrific "power surges" , but I cannot handle the horrid mental side of it all. So I take the dreaded HRT in a compounded form. For me personally, it is more than worth the associated risk. I hated who I was becoming (an anxiety ridden, withdrawn, twisted-thinking witch!!) and am so happy to be me again.
Di
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Di yes!!!!!! That is me, a withdrawn mental nutcase;) Scared sometimes out of my wits and not knowing why!! And yes I hate myself too for what I am now. Because deep down inside this is so NOT me. Deep down is a nice lady, with compassion and a funny streak that has a lot to give. But at the moment she just stays hidden.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:37:49 AM  Show Profile
I didn't even take that into consideration Marian. A few years ago I was feeling like that too! I felt dead inside, didn't care, wanted to be left alone. I tried a natural Hormone cream and oh my did it help with everything! I'm 45 and have been dealing with perimenopause but have had alot of the same symptoms. I just wish I could get rid of the monthly thing if I have to deal with the other stuff too!

I'm glad that you are making an appointment, that will help alot :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear that it looks like you might have found the root of the problem, Dutchy!! Hopefully you can see your doctor soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Me too Alee, me too. Mind you I am not sure ofcourse. But looking at the symptoms I found online, it sure makes a lot of sense to me.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I just remembered another thing I learned from my doctor. I had a few days when I couldn't stay awake very well...was very sleepy all day. It was not being sad or drowsy like med side effect..but felt like a normal staying awake all night wanted to sleep feeling.
I went to doctor and she said that we have hot flashes during the night and it will bring us out of REM sleep...deep sleep that gets us rested. And not remember them! So we didn't realize that we were missing normal sleep! She said that the and tiredness is the number ONE reason women go to her in menaupause. We increased my estrogen and though I have a hot flash once in a while..I give myself permission to take a nap and sleep when I feel like it.
Being that tired is not lazy but a medical thing. Isn't that interesting?

Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Aug 31 2009 11:04:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Linda, yes. I am tired most of the time! I do sleep rather well at night (the occasional sleepless nights oke) but for the most part I sleep well. BUT can sleep during the day as well! When I get home from the mail route I NEED to crash on the sofa and have a nap (sometimes an hour and a half nap duh) As I said, I don't recall a hot flash, ever! Nor do I recall night sweats. I am always SO cold. That could be a symptom too, maybe?? But then I was always cold from since I was a child ;)
Talking about early menopause, lol

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:14:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dutchy !

While you're at your doctor, also ask him to check your thyroid. Being cold and tired/listless all the time turned out to be a low thyroid level for me - I now take a little pill every AM and feel like my old self. Just a suggestion - thyroid problems are so often overlooked.

Take care of yourself - I hope you feel better real soon!

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, I AM on thyroid meds for about 11 yrs now. And yes they NEED to be checked again. Thanks :)y thyroid is working OVERTIME big time.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  12:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Definitely check the thyroid then. I found this website when I thought I was losing my mind last fall. So depressed, feeling ill. You name it. I would have hot flashes, although I was having a regular cycle. It all made so much sense and reassured me things were okay. I wasnt going crazy.

Check it out.

http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/#fatigue
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  1:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Robyn. That is almost the same as I was reading in Dutch. They too were talking about fatigue, sleepdisorder, memory etc. YIKES.

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Aug 31 2009 1:11:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to you honey. I know I have days that I feel the same way. Like the other girls said earlier, give it to God and let Him work it out for you.
I do that when I feel down and out.
I am glad you are going to see your doc too. maybe your meds need to be tweaked a little.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  5:03:59 PM  Show Profile
I usually check Across the fence and if I have time I go to active topics. I came here to ask for prayers for my mom and I. My dad has bladder cancer and may not live for another week. Thank-God he is at home and not in much pain. He totally knows what is going on that upsets me a little bit, I am so thankful I can share my feelings and thoughts with him. But its so hard not to cry in front of him & mom. I know its a part of life we all have to face and I have been blessed with good parents who were both in great health until 6 months ago. So please pray for my mom to have strength, for my dad to have peace and for me to be able to continue to help my mom with this.
Dutchy, I was just reading the above please take care of yourself. I agree have your thyroid checked and menopause is not easy, I'm hoping mine is over with I'm 58. But every now and then the Blasss takes over, I usually go for a ride and look for beauty in everything I see. It has helped me a lot.
When my kids and I had to go any distance in a car we would play the what beautiful thing do you see? They always found something and they are now 29 & 30 and my oldest asked me a few days ago if I remember playing it I said yes I still do he said he does to it helps him get through the day. Take care of yourself, you are loved.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic useless Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page