willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  6:08:58 PM  Show Profile
I need to build a coop that can house about 30 chickens and that has a seperate "room" inside that can be a brooder area. My chickens free range in the day but I need a place for them to sleep and to lay eggs and a place to hang out if we get a really bad storm and the outside conditions arent that good. I am pretty good at building but would like detailed plans with materials lists to get me started.

If you have plans, know of where I can get them or have any other information that would be helpful please post here or feel free to email me. THANKS!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  6:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Go to Mother Earth News website and search for chicken coops. There's more there than you could ever wish for!!
Di
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  7:05:14 PM  Show Profile
I saw lots of pictures of coops but I need building plans. Do they have them and I am just missing it? I also looked on backyard chickens and a lot of the plans were incomplete.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  8:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Well you're right Julie, TMEN used to have tons of plans and info for free on their website. But I did find this site through a couple of links. Maybe something here that may help?

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/poultryplans.htm
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  1:16:13 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I have a chicken coop, and pen that is attched that could hold up to oh maybe 50 chickens. If its alright with you, I could send pictures to your email address! I don't have photobucket, and I can't copy a picture, and paste it without photobucket, so feel free to give me your email address, and I will send you pics of our chicken coop! Good luck finding a chicken coop! Have a nice evening!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks yasmine! I am emailing you!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  07:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
We are building a 14x21 chicken house. Ours looks alot like a loafing shed for horses. Higher roof on one side lower roof on the back side. We are putting tin around the bottom then 2 rows of 24" chicken wire around then 2 more rows of tin. We are putting in a chain link gate that is 6' tall as that is what we had on hand. This will have an area for roosting and an area for laying. We had thought about just buying a carport, ya know the ones tou see along side the road for $600 and enclosing it and adding a seperate room for a brooder room. Good luck!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I'm looking for coop plans Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page