Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I just don't feel like doing anything
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just don't feel like doing anything Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  06:40:13 AM  Show Profile
So guess what I am doing?? Nothing I just feel like sitting on the couch and vegetate. It is not cold here yet (well I think it is cold but I am always cold DUH!) The temps are still nice enough with an occasional shower.
So I just sit on my couch, do some crochet to pass the time. Will watch tv later on Pinky is in the shed doing what she likes to do......sleep and play a little too.

Maybe it is just me, but do y'all have periods like that too? Yesterday was the same, just slept a lot and did nothing

Tomorrow is also my day off and HOPE to be able to do things then.
I am not real sad or anything, just don't feel; up to doing anything constructive

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  06:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy- I get like that sometimes! Sometimes reading my favorite magazines or books (MaryJanes) gives me inspiration to go do something- like make something super pretty. Hope you feel more energized tomorrow!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  07:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy: I really think we all have days like that. I do.... lol, I thought it was common! Sometimes I dont even shower, I just stay in my pj's and call it a "Waller in my own filth Day". HAHA.. Seriously though, sometimes I just do nothing but allow my body and mind to recharge itself. Nothing wrong with it sista! Go ahead! Waller in your own!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~I'm rough & tough and I don't wear bloomers~ Nellie Braken 1887
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  07:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like me, Marian. I have actually felt like this all week. I have to make myself do anything. Like I finally cleaned the living room and I'm trying to keep the kitchen clean. If I don't, those darn fruit flies will take over. I hate them! I can't even keep bananas out. So I know how ya feel, girl. And I can't believe it's almost the end of Aug.

I hope you get some things done tomorrow!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  07:49:53 AM  Show Profile
Yup, just ONE more day and it is September already!!
Stopped the crochet and am now just watching tv lol.DUH and reading here once in a while

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Aug 30 2009 07:50:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile
marian, i'm in the same boat as you today... i've allowed myself to take a day just for MYSELF while the hubby is at work. some of the family were here this past week and i'm exhausted from entertaining them! i'm calling this my mental health day... i watched a movie this morning, am having my computer time right now, and plan on finishing the book i'm currently reading later... maybe have a relaxing bath sometime, too. we ALL need days like this sometimes... i'm hard on myself for them, but i try to realize it's important for our bodies, minds, and souls to have a day of doing nothing every once and awhile. it gives me that peace and quiet i crave so i can better motivate myself tomorrow! it's colder, cloudy, and dreary here anyway... the perfect day to curl up and do nothing!!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  3:06:28 PM  Show Profile
My whole weekend has been like that. I just feel blah so I haven't been moving much except sleeping.
Crocheting is always a great way to pass the time. :D

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  3:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Not me!! I love the cooler weather & just go & go! Have canned, painted(an old bookshelf & our wood box), worked on chicken coop, trimmed goat hooves, gone to church, gave a guitar lesson(1st time in 20 yrs), trimmed Aussie dog butts, done 4 loads of laundry, hung it & folded it, made deodorant(homemade), cleaned dog beds, aired out sheets, organized mags & stacked hay. Also made a nice steak dinner last night & will do chicken tonight with rosemary jelly(canned that)
However, talk to me when it is 90 out & I will be moving a bit slower..But try not to ever stay on the couch too much. I remember some old movie star(can't remember who) say once that it is impossible to be depressed if you keep moving.. Couple that with a hubby that never sits still & I always feel like I need to keep the feet in motion!
Although my 12 YO Great Dane is laying on the couch doing her best to lure me there so we can watch a Hallmark Channel movie together..Maybe another day. Gotta go!! Still a bit more energy to burn!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  5:27:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you Lisa, when its cool and crisp I get so energized the the energy bunny---I just keep going......it invigorates me.

But once in a while I just don't feel like doing diddly squat, so I don't. But then I make up for it on other days.....ah life is a mystery......

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh it is not that I don't like the cooler weather, I just feel...blah, Still do and it is Monday here now. Went to bed at 9.30 last night!! That is SO not me!! Got a splitting headache now, duh. That is what I get when I do this :( my punishment for being such a slacker ;)

Will see whether today will be better. Have to do the laundry and some vacuuming etc. At the moment I can't even stand Pinky around me, poor little baby :(.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:55:06 AM  Show Profile
Keeping you in my thoughts, Marian. Every so often, i cuddle up in just sit around all day in a funk, it always passes, and I never know how or why. Just one of lifes valleys. Take good care, CArol

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  08:44:24 AM  Show Profile
my day of lounging yesterday really perked me up for today... i even did one of my excercise videos this morning! but i hope you get out of your funk, marian. but maybe your body is telling you it needs this funk, it's good for you.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  8:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I think these kind of days should be called recharging your battery days. Your body really needs to rest and recharge so enjoy it dutchy! We all deserve at least one of these days a wk. Two or three sound even better.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tapestry on Aug 31 2009 8:05:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just don't feel like doing anything Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page