Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Tropical Storms -- 2 in Too Short of a Time Peri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Tropical Storms -- 2 in Too Short of a Time Peri Next Topic  

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:03:23 AM  Show Profile
>> << Ok - So here we go again...last weekend, it was Hurricane Bill, lumbering off the coast, and making it seem like we were in for it! -- We had some severe thunderstorms, not from the hurricane, per se, but from a cold front that pushed the storm further off shore from us. Shwoo..

Now the Weather Persons are saying here another one comes, an' it's supposed to follow the same track, But maybe come closer to the coast..so I told DH that it may be a good idea to gather up a few more supplies this afternoon on his way home, just in case. We have stuff up in the attic (always keep things for In Case)so we are fairly set.

It's been such a weird summer..what with cooler temps early in the season, an' now these pestering storms...errrgghhhhh..

I'm ready for something else..just not a hurricane!!

Laurianne

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  11:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Laurianne- I hope it doesn't come your way! It's interesting to see how different areas of the country protect their stored foods. Out here in the west we store things in basements or root cellars for the coolness and incase a tornado comes along!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  1:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Alee -- I'm just wondering what's going to happen in the next 48 hours...it's irritating when the weather persons show all these lines along the coast, where "It's just possible, the storm Could go Here!" -- an' then you see 7 different lines -- which one is "The" one??

I'm just glad I'm not a weather forcaster (sp) --An' yeah, it's sorta weird havin' an attic where we can store things..last house barely had room for storage, an' even tho I'd Love to have a basement, the water table would wash everything away! Lol!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Tropical Storms -- 2 in Too Short of a Time Peri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page