Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 plastic canvas anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic plastic canvas anyone? Next Topic
Page: of 3

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  05:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sister farmgirls, does anyone do plastic canvas needlepoint? I like it because when my eyes weren't so good it is easier to see and faster than cross stitch. I love making 3d things and things like veggies for my kitchen.
I am just finishing a small doll size bed with coaster size quilts that fit inside. I also hang the tiny "quilts" on the wall with tiny clothspins....very farmgirlish.
When my camera starts working again I'll try to post pics.

Anyone want to share what you are doing, did, or want to try?

Another good thing about plastic canvas projects is the supplies are very inexpensive. A sheet is only a few cents and it also takes very little yarn. I get varigated yarn and cut off colors as I need them. The yarn is very cheap then and goes a long way!

Linda in Scranton, PA

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!"
author unknown...very old saying

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  06:57:41 AM  Show Profile
YUP YUP and yes!! I love doing it, haven't done lately though TOO many other things to do, but will start again this fall and winter. LOVE to make cute items and indeed it is easy etc. There are NO books here unfortunately :( and silly (stupid) me threw my older ones out years ago DUH!! So started looking online but not much luck on what I really wanted ;( Ah well, ya never know what I might find later (online)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,
I haven't done plastic canvas in years, but used to love it. When my daughter was small, I made her alot of barbie doll furniture for christmas one year, she played with it for years adn still has it to pass on to her daughters. Once my granddaughters get big enough I will have to dig out the book and start sets for them. It was always so fun to do and your right didn't cost alot of money to do it, a big plus. Dutchy, I think I still have several books with pattern in, I would be happy to scan them adn e-mail them to you.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  4:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love the Barbie plastic canvas projects! I wanted to make the whole house with the built in furniture...but what a huge project. The rooms are so nice that they could sit on a shelf for decoration.
I don't have little girls in my life now...so I am my own little girl. :-D

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  4:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Anyone have pics to share? I always thought the Barbie gazebo was so nice...the patterns can be expensive unless ya get a used on on Ebay. Barbie also has a plastic canvas Christmas sleigh that would make a great decoration!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  8:32:59 PM  Show Profile
I've been cleaning out unused supplies and found a small stash of plastic canvas sheets. I'm making drawer dividers for a small four drawer chest next to "my" chair in the living room. I'm also using up yarn leftovers from making washcloths. Now all my essentials are neatly organized in the top drawer "office".
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  06:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Anyone seen any Halloween patterns? I want something to hang on my door...hopefully simple, not too detailed.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Barbie plastic canvas patterns?!?!?!? Where do these things hide? I have a 3 year old little girl who LOVES and I mean L-O-V-E-S her dolls and it would be awesome to make her some furniture for them! Can you girls give me the name of a book or something that has these patterns in it so I can look for it on ebay like yarnmamma suggested? I'd really love to make some for my daughter for Christmas now that I know they exist!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  4:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Yarnmamma - check out FreePatterns.com. They have a ton of free plastic canvas patterns for all different projects...just not doll furniture patterns!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  5:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa-The book I have is from the American School of Needlework, printed in 1989. It's titled plastic canvas Fashion Doll Bedroom. I can make copies of this one if you would like. Sorry Linda, I looked through my books and don't have any with halloween patterns. Must have gotten rid of those at one time.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the offer Julie! That is so sweet of you but I found a picture on some website online of a bed and a couch and I think I can just wing it with the photos...They don't look too difficult. I think I'll try those to start with and see if I think I can handle doing any more. I think Barbie will be happy to start with a place to sit and a place to sleep. ;-)

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  9:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I was just getting ready to list a bunch of plastic canvas magazines on my etsy site! I know there were some with Halloween patterns. I will check and see what I have and pull some out for you!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  06:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
That would be great! I haven't had a magazine in a long time. I found some halloween patterns online.... I just needed a simple idea and found one.
I can ajust a pattern to longer stitch and less detail.
Halloween is my favorite holiday!!
Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Aug 29 2009 07:00:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  5:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Years ago I made lots of coaster sets and tissue box holders, and baskets. I gave away most of my patterns. I kept one that I thought I might make for my grandaughters, but never got to it, and they are older now. One pattern booklet is for the NeedleCraft Shop "Victorian Dream House". Finished house is 13 1/2x14 1/8x 22 3/4". The designer is Karen ann Wiant. It doesn't look too hard and is really sweet and colorful. The other booklet is the "Victorian Family And Furnishings" which go with the house. There is a mom, dad, girl, boy, dog and cat. parents bedroom, bed for boy & girl, piano & bench, kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. I'll probably not do that large a project again in plastic canvas. If someone would like these patterns just click on my profile name to the left, and e-mail your address. I can put them in the mail to you on Monday.:)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:24:12 AM  Show Profile
victorian dollhouse taken! Have fun with it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1690 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1690 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:58:29 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Have several plastic canvas pattern books. But not a Halloween one for the door. Just a Jack-o-Lantern for the table. Somewhere I have the dollhouse with the furniture.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

fairymom
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Holly
San Diego Ca
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  11:30:36 AM  Show Profile
I am new to this forum. I Love Plastic canvas 3-d. I am working on the little strawberry house right now. It is adorable. I did a haunted dollhouse complete with a family of ghosts, years ago! It was adorable. I wish I could find the pattern again to make a new one. If anyone has one or a copy of the Victorian Dream House by Needlecraft I would love to get my hands on it. None of the craft stores ,or bookstores for that matter, in my area carry any plastic canvas patterns, let alone any of the fun dollhouse patterns.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love dollhouses too! I've got the pattern and plan to make it someday...I wouldn't want to part with it. I have seen it on ebay lately I think.

"Unless our desire for human compassion is stronger than our desire to be right, to be secure or to belong, love will elude us."
--Marsha Sinetar

"Come to me all that labour and I will give you rest"
Jesus
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Did you see the pics of Plastic canvas barn and veggie stand? The patterns were on sale in ebay...I sure wanted to buy them, but I didn't.
I put the pics on the stitching and crafting forum....several days ago...go back a couple of pages and look.

"Unless our desire for human compassion is stronger than our desire to be right, to be secure or to belong, love will elude us."
--Marsha Sinetar

Jesus
Go to Top of Page

fairymom
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Holly
San Diego Ca
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  07:47:48 AM  Show Profile
LOL, yes, I did see one on ebay but I have a tough time paying so much for it. Buying the supplies is hard enough. *grin* I wish I could find a copy of the ghost house, you would LOVE it! I built a 1:12 scale haunted house you would like too. I also adore halloween! it is just so much fun! No, i didn't see the vegie stand but the barn is cute. I saw a darling Noah's Arc kit and a really cute Nativity scene. Please let me know if you see either dollhouse book anywhere, for a reasonable price. I would love it as an E-book but I can't find one. I'll just have to keep looking.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile
So Fun to find others who like to do Plastic Canvas. I just made an adorable Farm Chic (gardening lady)
for outside my apartment door. So much fun!!!

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  5:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn, can ya take a pic of it for us? I'd love to see!

--Marsha Sinetar

Jesus
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  5:45:55 PM  Show Profile
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Administrator/Desktop/Images/FARM%20CHIC.JPG

MARSHA...HOPE THIS PICTURE COMES THROUGH. HUGS, PEGGY

YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF THE COUNTRY BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE COUNTRY OUT OF THE GIRL!

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

fairymom
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Holly
San Diego Ca
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  9:30:54 PM  Show Profile
I am working on the most adorable strawberry shaped dollhouse, then I have a darling little troll playhouse set. I will try to post pics as soon as I am done. I wish I could see the little farmChic, Peggy Ann, I couldn't open the page. Am I doing it wrong? I am technologically challenged! grin

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

fairymom
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Holly
San Diego Ca
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  9:32:53 PM  Show Profile
There is an ambulance set too that little grandsons would adore! I will get that one someday... More into the dollhouses right now though. There is a fashiondoll cruise ship that looks amazing! Alas, it is nigh unto $50. wish list!

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  2:04:22 PM  Show Profile
When my girls were little I made a "plastic canvas" doll with sets of clothes. It was like a stronger paper doll set.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic plastic canvas anyone? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page