Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Susan Branch Cook and Idea Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Susan Branch Cook and Idea Books Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  06:39:22 AM  Show Profile
I forgot how much I liked these until I got them out again yeaterday and looking at them. I posted two pictures, one showing the books and one showing how she hand writes them all. I can hardly write a letter let alone a book. Would have to have a very large eraser.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  07:27:54 AM  Show Profile
I to just love her cookbooks. I bought "Heart of the Home" in 1992 and have given it as a gift so many times I've lost count. I have bought all her books since and will still curl up in the winter with a cup of hot cocoa and re read them. I am glad others have the gift of writing to bring us so much pleasure.
Her recipe on Nasturtiums appetizer's taught me that we could eat flowers. LOL And then her Chicken Enchiladas have been a family for all these years.

What a nice memory to bring back this morning!
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  11:24:05 AM  Show Profile
I bought a few in the USA!! I love her books too, funny and yummo recipes to boot :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  12:28:44 PM  Show Profile
i received her summer book awhile back from paperbackswap.com and think it's darling! i love all the quotes throughout the book... it's so quaint and delightful!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  4:34:49 PM  Show Profile
I have almost all of her books. I don't have the baby one as none of us have a use for it at this time. I'm now getting ready to order her new calendars 'cause I love them!!!! Her mini-calendar from this year is all about chocolate and so funny. I ordered most of her books from her site and they were all signed, which to me is cool. I can't wait to try some of the autumn recipes.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile
I love them, too. Her "summer" cookbook has a ton of great recipes, and I love the pictures, illustrations, and ideas in them.

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  07:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Ummm, one would not think I am obsessed with Susan Branch would they? Books, stickers, pens, pencils, calendars, you name it.

When she had her store in Arroyo Grande, CA Ashley and I would drive up there frequently. It was soooo neat.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Not at all Michelle

I love her Autumn and Christmas Books especially :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  9:50:53 PM  Show Profile
I have all her books and love them too. A few of our family favorite dinners are her recipes (Lemon chicken, Chicken enchiladas, to name a couple..and the coconut lemon cake recipe in the summer book is awesome)
Michele..I grew up in Arroyo Grande..and when we were out there on vaction just a few weeks ago I was SOOO dissapointed to see thather store was closed. It was adorable! Her stuff is just so "happy".

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  05:01:29 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I can see that I have some catching up to do on my collection. HA. Her things are just soo cute. I'm watching the mail for some books and her COOKBOOK binder scrapbook thing, then I can put all my receipes in it. Do you have that? I think its new, not sure.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  6:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Her French Chicken Soup in the Autumn book is one of my favorite things ever! In which book would I find the enchiladas y'all have mentioned? I only have Autumn, Summer, and Vineyard...
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  6:48:37 PM  Show Profile
I love her cook books. I read as a book really. Her quotes and family stories make you feel like you are part of her inner circle of friends. She just loves life and all the good things in it. Her books make you smile and feel happy. I love that about her. Her Christmas book really is a treasure.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  9:17:40 PM  Show Profile
I found a couple more of her books on my shelves - including Heart of the Home, which has the enchilada recipe...will be trying it soon.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  2:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - girl.....that is whole lot of Susan Branch. But we understand totally! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  10:03:41 AM  Show Profile
I love her too!! There is even a Susan Branch line of fabric that I have used in my quilts. So adorable and happy.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Susan Branch Cook and Idea Books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page