doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  06:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone else having trouble with their cucumber vines turning yellow? Mine were just beautiful and dark green, tons of blooms, and I was getting a couple of nice cucumbers from them just a couple of days ago. Then, overnight, they are turning yellow and look like they are dying. We have had really hot weather for the past week or two - could that be it. I don't think that we'll be getting any pickles this year. Is anyone else in Ohio having this problem? Thanks.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  07:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I am in Western Pa and had the same problem. I think it is a fungus from all the wet weather this year. The leaves turned spotted, then brown and dry. I did what I was told, I cut back all bad leaves and sprayed a fungacide. It didn't help. So I left them alone and sure enough I got cukes. The plant sent out new runners and new blossems. I got pickles canned and some for the table. It was not the huge bounty that it looked like I would get in the spring but not a loss either. Also check the vines and make sure you dont have squash borer living in the vines. If so you have to cut them out.

Jane
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Cucumber vines turning yellow Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page