Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 "official" YO-YO swap starts NOW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "official" YO-YO swap starts NOW Next Topic
Page: of 5

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  2:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Doin' the mailbox boogie today! Got great yo-yos from Diane and Leah! What a wonderful pile of yos!! Big farmgirl thanks to everyone!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  5:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Got some yo-yo's from Leah & Diane today. They're really pretty. Thank you.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  6:13:09 PM  Show Profile
I got several new "sets" today too..thanks so much gals..this is so fun!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  7:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Woo hoo, so far, I got yoyo's from, Debbie, Catherine, Sandi, Jan, Leah, Jenny, Cathy and Marcia - all different and all just super great! You gurlfrenz, it's makin my heart smile - I just keep looking at them, then I put them away, then I take them out and look at them all again. It sounds silly, I know, but they're making me smile inside out.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile
I've received YoYo's from: Jenny, Leah, Patricia, Marcia, Debbie, Sandi, Chris and Diane, I love them all. Can't wait to the last four packages come, yay, then I can start my tote. I have a design idea already for them. I just hope it works out if it does I will take a pic and let ya'll see it . I love getting mail.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  12:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
I do the same thing Chris!! hahaha...i just cant wait to put them all together!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  8:37:39 PM  Show Profile
yipee! Got some from Diane today - very nice! Three more to go - then I'm starting on my
vest......can hardly wait, been thinking about how to arrange the colors, maybe keep everyones yoyos together, or maybe not - will probably write whoever sent me the yoyo on the backside if I don't keep them all together, have to think about it some more.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  3:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Mine will go out tomorrow!! I plan on taking photos of each batch of my yo's and then making a little scrap book of them and listing who sent them. I may also add a few snip it's from this post!! I also plan on putting a picture of the finished project in the book. This is my plan!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Bridgette, that's a really cute idea. I haven't decided yet what to do with mine. I want to send thanks to Aunt Jenny, Patty, Debbie, Cathy, Catherine, Sandi, Chris, and I didn't put the name down on the card of the person who sent the quote about "smelling like dirt" along with some pretty floral yo yo's. Please let me know who you are so I can write it down. Thank you everyone for the pretty, pretty yo yo's. This is so much fun. I love connecting this way.
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  12:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
It was me Jan!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  3:56:59 PM  Show Profile
Got some adorable ones from Jan today..thanks so much!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2006 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Leah, I'll write that down...Thanks Jenny, hope you enjoy them!!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  4:04:55 PM  Show Profile
I got yo-yo's from Bridge and Jan this weekend. Thank you so much. They're really pretty. Can't wait to get started.

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  7:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Got adorable yoyos from Bridge today..thanks so much! I espeically love that ladybug print!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  4:52:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm loving my yos. I keep looking at them during the day, too!!

Thanks to all y'all!!!...... Diane, Leah, Janet, Patty, Debbie, Jenny, Cathy, Sandi, Bridgette, and Chris. I picture in my mind all of us sitting in our special place at home or waiting at a kid's practice just stitching away for each other.....for gals we haven't even met, yet! Every time I look at a yoyo, I'm touched in my heart to know you all took the time to stitch them. Thank you!!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  07:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Got Betty Jo's email today. Thanks Betty...the only yo yo's I'm still missing are from Diane. I don't know if they were sent but never got here. I just wanted to let you know they didn't arrive. Thanks...Jan
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  07:47:03 AM  Show Profile
I've marked the back of each yo yo I've received with a little bit of embroidery floss. One color for each girl on each of their 5 yo yo's. I just took one stitch where it wouldn't be seen and then tied it. Then I wrote on each note sent with the yo yo's which color I used for that girl's yo yo's. Now I'll always know who sent which ones. I'm just mixing them all up in a doll size scrap quilt which will hang on my wall in the living room with the rest of the quilts. This swap was sooooo much fun!!!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile
I have to get to stitching all my yo yo's together. After next week, when school is done for the semester - I will be able to take a breath and work on all my stitching and crafties for the summer.

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  1:57:39 PM  Show Profile
has anyone made anything with the yoyo's yet? I would love to see them if you have.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  2:49:11 PM  Show Profile
I did a quilt top with the charm squares (the 6" ones from our first swap) and the yo yos from the swap...I will post a pic later today..I think I will add borders to make it a little wider..then it will be a nice generous throw size.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  08:29:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to make a table topper with my yo-yos. It's on the list, heh heh!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
please post some of the items you ladies have made would love ot see.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "official" YO-YO swap starts NOW Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page