Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 IS there a "typical framgirl"??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic IS there a "typical framgirl"?? Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  12:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Meaning IMO that all farmgirls are the same? I was reading another board and they were talking about a "typical liberal". Now in that debate it was about politics, and I don't wanna go into that here AT ALL!! Nope no politics for me, lol.
But I was just thinking IF there was something like a typical farmgirl, or a typical American, German, Dutch, Canadian whatever.
IMO we all are different, but some things might be the same. For instance WE here love farm live etc. But that doesn't mean we ALL love horses, or cows or manure, lol.

Any thoughts about that? Like I said I don't wanna talk politics here

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  1:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think so. Like MaryJane says, "Farmgirl is a condition of the Heart." There are glamour farmgirls and dirt-beneath-your-fingernails farmgirls and farmgirls that do a bit of both (or a lot of both!). I there are as many types of farmgirls as there are Farmgirls! We each add our own flavor to the mix, and somewhere in the melding, we all find common ground that lets us into each other's hearts but still preserves that distince flair and individuality that makes us...us! Isn't it great being a farmgirl? :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  1:11:37 PM  Show Profile
I think there are some traits about farmgirls that would be typical; but each farmgirl is unique unto herself. Like me for instance: I only wear my apron when I am cooking. I don't wear it all the time, or go out in public with it like some farmgirls do. I think I am still a farmgirl. There is such a broad spectrum of things that make up farmgirls, and I think we're all comprised of whichever attributes fit our lives. Heck, you don't even have to live on a farm to be a farmgirl, after all! You don't have to like dirt or animals, either. Like Mary Jane says, it's a condition of the heart. :)

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  1:18:59 PM  Show Profile
YES! That is what I mean! There are things we all might like (aprons yay) but also things that makes us different from eachother. (same as in politics duh not all dems likes all dem things and same for conservatives )

YES being a farm girl is great!! I like cows AND the smell of manure YUM, but don't wanna work with it, haha. I consider myself a glamour kinda farm girl I guess AND I don't even live on a farm, but DO live in a very small, rural village surrounded by farms YIPPEE.
Best of both worlds IMO

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Aug 14 2009 1:19:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:33:30 PM  Show Profile
I think Alee said it best. As many different types of farmgirls as there are Farmgirls.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic IS there a "typical framgirl"?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page