Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Horrible Tragedy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Horrible Tragedy Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:31:55 PM  Show Profile
A 7th grade girl at my school was just killed in a 4 wheeler accident. Her best friend since kindergarten was driving it. She was killed instantly.

For those of you who dont know I am the k-12 art teacher at my school. I have had these kids in school since they were in first grade. My heart is broken. Teachers are already back and kids start back on Wednesday.

Please pray for the families and the whole school. Thank you.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Julie
Praying for your community. That happened here recently with a dirt bike & my friends son witnessed the whole thing.
God Bless
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:44:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you lisa.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile
I think that dirt bikes and 4 wheelers are some of the most dangerous things around. The children who drive them are not mature enough to make the correct decisions and often there are disasters. Drivers of every other type of motorized vehicle need to be a certain age and need to take tests, but not these. What is wrong with parents who allow these children to take such a risk?

Mary

'Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.' Albert Einstein
'Only a peace between equals can last.' Woodrow Wilson
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh Julie I am so sorry! such a sad way to start the school year...

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Julie this pains me more than you could know. My almost 16 yr. old daughter Karin was killed in an ATV accident yrs. ago. I am so sorry for you and her school and most of all her parents and best friend. ATV's are extremely dangerous, no matter how old you are or how experienced a rider you are. There have been numerous people injured and killed in our area. There is a young man right now in a brain trauma care unit who lives down the road from my daughter and her family. It seems no matter what you say to people or what they see happening to other riders, they just don't think it will happen to them. But it can it does and it will.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  7:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry Julie. I'm praying for everyone. This is a horrible reminder of everything I have been preaching to my daughter the last couple of days, who also just started 7th grade. A few days before school started she went to stay the night with a girl friend. I have told Cat more times than I can count that she is not to be on this girl's 4 wheeler. But on the day I came to pick her up she and this girl were on it tearing through the yard. I can not for the life of me imagine and truly hope I never have to understand what these parents, family and friends are going through. Sending lots of prayers.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  7:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Julie,

I am so sorry! What a horrible thing. I will be keeping the families of both girls in prayer as well as the whole school and the teachers.

Mary Jane,

I am sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers for comfort too.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  8:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about this! I lost a member of my extended family earlier this year-he made a left hand turn going to work and was hit by a truck carrying radioactive materials-he died in the hospital-he was in his early 30's and had gotten married around Thanksgiving. I used to babysit him when he was a wee lad. So I'm familiar with the connection you get in knowing someone for years-watching them grow up. My thoughts are with you & the school.

http://www.mandochicks.com
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
@MandolinChick on Twitter
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  9:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie, I am a highschool teacher and have lost students over the years...my heart aches with you and for you. The loss of a student is such a difficult thing to understand or explain. Please know I get your pain.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  01:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Julie I am so sorry to hear this has happened. Sending prayers for you and your community. Such a tragedy :(

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tapestry on Aug 14 2009 01:33:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:24:30 AM  Show Profile
Julie:
I am so sorry to hear such heart-breaking news. My prayers go out to all at the school and all families.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I am so sorry for the lose of this young girl. My prayers ascend for her family. I can't imagine the deepth of their grief.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:43:46 AM  Show Profile
>> Oh Julie, my prayers are with you and your community << I've had friends who have gone thru this exact same experience. I was left stunned when the legal assistant who helped me buy our first place in S.C., her husband had been riding a 4-wheeler - with helmet and all the safety gear on, had gone back to the hunting club for the evening, and just "playing around", started to do some stunt, and flipped the machine over on himself.

I too just do not like these things..even tho they are in use everywhere here. Fortunately my 3 sons have no interest in them. But the tears are still flowing for those gone.

I'm lighting a candle for you and your community.

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They will be holding the funeral at the school gym. I saw a few of her class mates and we have some ideas for a memorial of sorts that we will be doing in September. I will share more about it with you when I can. Thank you!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2320 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2320 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Julie,
I am praying for you, your community and the families of both girls.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:23:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry, Julie...it's horrible. I still remember when our friend in 6th grade was killed the same way. Absolutely shocking for little ones (and adults the same).

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  05:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Julie,

You, their families, and your community will be in my prayers. That is very sad. I wish you all peace and love.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  7:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Julie. Thinking of you and the rest of your community. What a crappy way to start a new school year. I hope your crisis team can rally. I know how hard it can be when it's one of your own like that. In my 19 years as a teacher in this district, I've been there way too many times that I care to count. email me if you need an ear.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  07:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julie~
Just checking in~ How is it going?

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1704 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1704 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I'm so sorry for you all. It is so hard and I know this from my heart. I'll be praying for the girls families.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  5:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I appreciate all your prayers and I know the families do as well. I visited with Rileys mom on Monday and she is doing REALLY well, considering. I have an amazing story that she told me but I dont feel like I can share it yet. She even came to open house at school and had Rileys "boyfriend" walk her around to where all her classes would have been. The community has been amazing and Robin a pillar of strength. While everyone is deeply saddened I know Riley is up in heaven rejoicing at all of the positive outpouring towards her mother.
I havent talked to the bestfriends family as they actually moved about 40 minutes away earlier this summer and she is not attending our school this year. I do know that NO ONE except maybe herself is blaming her at all. Robin even included her as one of the ones "left behind" in the obituary. Such a sad sad thing. But school did go well today and I think all the kids being together will help them to heal.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Horrible Tragedy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page