Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Did being a MaryJane's FARMGIRL change you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did being a MaryJane's FARMGIRL change you? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  10:19:02 AM  Show Profile
I don't think it has really changed me BUT I am now comfortable being who I am. I used to feel like a second class citizen because I lived on a farm when I was in school (years ago). Fellow classmates would look down on me because of it. I didn't realize how it affected my life until I found the MJF magazine and the forum. You farmgirls don't know how much you mean to me, all the things I've learned and now I can be me and the heck with what other people think! THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I'm with you. I've always been a farmgirl. It's nice to finally have someone to chat with that does not think I'm a nut for loving chickens or spending hours just joy riding on the tractor. I really don't think I've changed at all other than being able to share some of my ideas with others without the fear of being laughed at. Now I'm laughed with.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  11:47:14 PM  Show Profile
I with Rene - it made me realize who I really am. I always thought I was the corporate suit type. Then I found MaryJane's and realized that I've always been a Farmgirl at heart and am comfortable in an apron. I also have learned to simplify and live more organically. It's all good!

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  1:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
ha ha yes, Victoria, you are so right!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

"I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Rob Brezsny from http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  1:22:53 PM  Show Profile
THis is an easy one...in a way for me. I have done a complete 180 since finding "Dawn". I have so much more confidence and I'm not afraid to 'put myself out there'. Fear is something I control and it does not control me. I've learned to be open minded and open hearted. I have learned the value of hard work and learned to relish the joys of hard works returns. For years, I didn't know Dawn. Or what Dawn wanted or wanted to give. I certainly do now. MJ's way of life has given my purpose, strength, beauty and structure at a time I desperately needed it most.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  2:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, that's an answer! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  4:39:39 PM  Show Profile
Changed me? No I'm still the same mean old onery b-tch, I've always been, but I've found people here who don't hold it against me, lol!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  5:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  05:22:41 AM  Show Profile
No change here

Most of what we post about are things I had already been doing for years. Some of us had been into the organic thing before it became en vogue. It's nice to see more naturalistic approaches becoming mainstream and not just for Hippies anymore

It is refreshing to see and read about others who share so many of the same interests and to know I'm not the only farmgirl out there who can wear grubbies in the garden and still make the switch to nice when the situation dictates

I don't wear aprons since my bum around clothes fit that bill just fine...however I do wear one when I'm in serious canning mode.

And at work i;m kind of mentoring a farmgirl to be. She has recently become interested in gardening and is as enamored about her chickens as I am about ours. Funny to see other peple loose interest and glaze over while the two of us banter on with excitement about something silly a chicken may have done or rooster woes
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  05:55:28 AM  Show Profile
I think it's enhanced what I already knew, awakened dreams I had long ago set aside as 'impossible' and spread my wings toward being the 'crazy city girl who moved to the country', as I firmly believe my neighbors think of me! I'm doing, or wanting to do all those things they are now trying to get away from. I am giving them reasons to shake their heads in 'it'll never work' gestures at my raised bed garden, and then stunning them when they actually work. I'm sending them into amazement when I ask questions about the 'old ways', and then really listen,and sometimes take notes! And, for the first time in my life, I can feel a deep seated contentment that I had only prayed for before. I'm like a lot of y'all. I'm not nuts. I AM A FARMGIRL!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
bumping this topic up so it can be seen again..

I have more things to say here but gotta think first.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  7:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I would say MJ's finally gave me permission to be who I already knew I was!!! I don't feel so crazy now for drooling over seed catalogs and picking out farm houses and fixin' them up in my mind as we drive along. Like Dawn, it introduced my REAL self to me...ha!!! And I ain't suppressing those good vibes anymore!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  4:37:07 PM  Show Profile
i made me feel more comfy in my own shoes, that there are other strong women out there that feel the same way as i do about being a farmgirl!!! and that is truly comforting. it makes me proud to live the life i'm living. my city friends may mock me, but i KNOW who i am and am not ashamed!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did being a MaryJane's FARMGIRL change you? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page