Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Found some 'seeds' for ideas to make money...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Found some 'seeds' for ideas to make money... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  07:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I was organizing my office and found a lot of stuff I had forgotten.

Several years ago, I made some Xmas ornaments but never followed through. They have cinnamon in them and are all natural. After these last 4 years in storage, they still have their scent! Not as strong, of course, but still have the good cinnamon-y smell.

I can make some up, still have to find the cutters and make a space for them to dry and all but would you buy something like this for your tree??

I used to make terra-cotta ornaments but then my marriage went south and life went on. This is sort of the same thing, only with the cinnamon.

Also, I got my sewing machine tuned up and was thinking of making dog clothes. Or little kids but so many people already do that one so going with the dog stuff. Thoughts?

There was something else but I can't think what...will have to go thru my office again to find it!!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  3:35:03 PM  Show Profile
What about horse or dog treats? Especially the organic kind. There are lots of recipes on the web. Good luck!

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  5:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Winona,
I just noticed you live in Klamath Falls. I grew up in Grants Pass. Beautiful country, loved it.
There is a lady at our Farmers Market who sells dog treats, and does quite well. People ask for her when she is not there. I think her problem is the heat in the summer, and the bags get steamed up. Same issue I have with my bread that I sell. Must keep in the shade. I would sure give it try, and while you are selling doggy treats, why not have a few pieces of doggy clothes. More convenient for the customer.
Best to you,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Found some 'seeds' for ideas to make money... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page