Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Banana bread kitchen certification...the answer...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Banana bread kitchen certification...the answer... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:05:41 PM  Show Profile
I had a driveway sale today and met a customer who used to sell baked goods from her kitchen. She said in this county, I could bake the muffins and then have a printed note that said the product was baked in a non-commercial kitchen. Also, a good idea was to have the ingredients listed, which I think is the thing to do and several of you mentioned that already in the other post.

I'm going to double check that but it seems that quite a few of others are doing so and it's not a secret. I don't want to do anything wrong but I want to get in on a good thing while the gettin's good!!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Thats awesome Winona! Better fire up that oven. LOL!! Best of luck to you.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  8:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Winona:
Best of luck to you. I think that that is a great idea. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  5:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Winona,
You can do that. At least where I am, assuming all states are similar. I sell stone baked sourdough bread, and have to post that kind of sign. I make labels and put the ingredients, and below my email and phone number I type Home baked goodness in a non commercial oven. Plus I have to display a sign at the Farmers Market that I do not bake in an inspected oven. There are all kinds of things you can do, dont be affraid to ask because you wont know until you do.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Aug 14 2009 5:06:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Banana bread kitchen certification...the answer... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page