Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  9:29:01 PM  Show Profile
I was in Costco today and they had 2 hardback books on canning for 18.99 each. They were pretty nice. One was a Ball book on canning and the other was a "small batch" canning book.

I know someone was posting looking for the Ball Big Blue book, but I cant find that post and these are just another option.

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Robin - I found both of these books at Sams Club. The price was considerably lower. If you haven't purchased yet, and you have a Sams Club, check there first. They are both great books. I purchased the Ball Book and will probably get the other this weekend if they still have it. I'm a sucker for good cookbooks.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  1:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Robin, You can purchase the Ball Blue book (which this year the cover is actually yellow) at Wal Mart for less than $5. It has just about any recipe you will need. I would suggest it if you are new to canning. I have been canning for 20 years and I still use it. I still have my first ball book that I bought 20 years ago. The other day I got it out to look up a recipe and couldn't help but cry. I moved from Washington State to Texas about 7 years ago and still miss the mountains. Anyway I had written, in my old book, all the places to pick my fruit and vegis and the time of year they were at their peak. Down to the best tree in the orchard.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:14:02 PM  Show Profile
I have the Ball Blue Book and some other books that were my mothers. I will have to check Sams for the price. They often are less expensive. These books are bigger hardbacks. I have a lot of canning books, I was just letting others know about them.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Canning books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page