Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Southeast Missouri chapter being organized
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southeast Missouri chapter being organized Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  06:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Just a heads-up that I am organizing a FarmGirls chapter that will meet in Southeast Missouri. Anyone who is within driving distance who is interested in participating is welcome. If there are any ladies here from Southern Illinois, that includes you, too!

I'll post information here as soon as I get the packet and get started, but if you're interested in being in on the planning, email me. I'd love to have your input and as much or as little help as you feel you can give.

I'm really looking forward to getting this off the ground!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  5:42:42 PM  Show Profile
I received the box of goodies yesterday, so I'm ready to plan a first activity. I'd love to hear from any of you ladies out there in Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri, maybe even Northeast Arkansas -- I'm not far from there, either.

Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  07:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
I would love to get together with you. What are you planning first?
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:45:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure yet. I've been reading all the previous Chapter newsletters CindyLou sent me (huge thanks going out to CindyLou) and jotting down ideas. Please share with me any you might have. I want the first meeting to be interesting and no-stress for the FarmGirls who come, and I want them to leave with something to take with them -- good memories and a goodie or two.

I'm so glad you're going to be with us! Do you have any ideas as far as a name? I was thinking of "Heartland FarmGirls", but what do you think?

Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  04:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
That name sounds good to me, I wish you luck with all of your planning.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  09:58:17 AM  Show Profile
Chasity, you can't just wish me luck! You need to give me your input -- what would you like to do at a chapter meeting? What would best fit your schedule as far as a meeting time? Share your thoughts, please! This is *our* chapter -- those of us who live in the area -- and I want it to reflect *us*, so share your ideas with me, please.

Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  10:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Do we need to create a logo or something? I was thinking that if we are the Heartland Farmgirls, that we should always in some way incorporate a heart in what we do - a nice little charming fabric, patchwork or plaid heart. Maybe we could make a heart pin for everyone to take with them. They could make it out of fabric or buttons or something like that. I'll look up some other "heartland" logos and see what I get for ideas. Talk with all real soon, Chasity, I'm glad you are going to join us, it will be great to all get together. I'll be driving close to 2 hours from the north. Blessings to you all.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile

Hello Heartland Farmgirls!!
I'm pleased to see that you all are getting together! I've had several lovely e-mails from Patti. I sure appreciate all your combined enthusiasm! Have fun embroidering your quilt square. Be sure to let me know how your first meeting goes!
Julie Bell and I visited chapter leader Jo Ann (Mountain Girl) in Colville, WA last weekend. She made each of us an adorable little embroidered felt bag that held our napkin and dried flowers at the dinner table. She made us feel right at home, just like a farmgirl at heart friend always does!

Talk to you soon!
Sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southeast Missouri chapter being organized Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page