cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2006 :  11:04:36 AM  Show Profile
YIPEE!!

Southeast Texas now has a Farmgirl chapter....with 2 founding members and sure to grow quickly.

Haven't decided on the name yet...thinkin' 'bout "Lone Star Farmgirls" It would sure make for a great logo with our state flag.

We are getting our journal thrown together so it can get on the "tour". I haven't found any specific rules on the journal as to size, type, etc.... I think I'm going to use a view pocket binder. Put our cover in the view pocket on the front, a couple of pages inside sheet protectors and empty sheet protectors for the future chapter gals to fill up.

Does that sound okay? What have some of y'all done?

Oh, introductions....
I'm Catherine (cajungal on the chat) and I live near Houston, TX. I introduced my friend, Pam, to the site and she is a frequent reader but has not jumped on the chat yet. Pam owns a feed store with her husband and they have a great base of loyal customers....which, to them, their customers are all friends....you're sure to get a hug and a smile when you go to the store.

Pam has commented to me about how many women go to the feed store. She says there are as many if not more than men and thinks there are lots of farmgirls that would love some interaction.

We're starting off with a big poster to attract the eye and stir up conversation. We'll send gals to the chat site to get a feel for the wonderful friendships. Pam has a great opportunity to talk this up at the store. We're not sure yet about meetings and such.... a lot of the gals work full time jobs and run their farms....not a lot of time for mettings. Pam has always wanted a room or an area at the store with tables set up for gathering to sip coffee or do a craft. We may just have an open door policy to come to the store and work on things or chat. Pam and I are both interested in learning and sharing ideas on gardening here. Our climate in south Texas is zone 9 and 10....very different from the rest of America....even very different from someone just a couple hours north of us.

Well, we're diving in! You gals over the border in Louisiana....perhaps a little get together soon?

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  1:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Catherine, well Texas now has another chapter. I just started one for West Texas, Desert Roses. I'm so excited and nervous too, I have butterflies in my stomach. I have one other member, she's my neighbor and she'll be on later after the 'kid' gets off the computer.
I can't wait to get the starter kit and then get started.

How is your chapter doing? I like your idea about the poster, did you get a lot of interest?
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2006 :  08:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh man, I wish I lived closer to either of you-I want to get in!!! I'm in central North Texas though and don't think that would work too well. Good luck to both of you!

Christine- Lonestar Farmgirls is very cute and you're right, the name would go great with our flag!! You could come up with such a cute logo!!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  04:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Destiny, what a great name....Desert Roses. Don't be nervous, just have fun!

Kristi, I think one day we all ought to meet in Centerville. I know of a beautiful farmhouse retreat center that would be just great!

We are now the Southern Fried Farmgirls and you can read about us under that new name.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Texas Chapter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page