prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile
I thought we could have a thread dedicated solely to those items we've found, especially in flea markets and antique stores, that we want to share... I know I'm excited when I find something i love! (especially for a great price...)

Here are some of my latest fabulous finds from a couple local antique stores...

old drip coffee pot - $10

beautiful tea cup with saucer - $10

fancy pie server - $5

pumpkin cookie cutter - 25 cents

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  7:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
How wonderful your finds are! I used to have an old drip coffee maker. Gosh I wish I still had it :( Really love that beautiful pie server. Very beautiful. Would make any piece of pie even yummier just by serving it with that pretty utensil.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  05:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it fun to find old things and bring them home!! I have 3 old drip pots, 2 7 cup pots, (1 at home and 1 at our cabin) and the other day I found an 18cup drip pot, never saw one so big!! It's now at the cabin too for when there is a gang of us up there...I also got some kind of percolator(?) out of my mil's house, I will have to put a pic on here and see if anyone can tell me anything about it - it's really different looking.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Elizabeth- I have the matching cup and saucer!! I love it!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile
Great finds Elizabeth :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow, those are some great finds.
I kind of fell into a great find last week. I like to look at the neighbors trash to see what kind of treasures are just sitting there for the taking.
Last week was terrific. Now, remember, i live in a condo community (but not for much longer, Ihope) so there is usually not much good stuff at the side of the road.
But..... I drove past 1 driveway and there were 2 HUGE shopping bags overflowing with rolls and rolls of Christmas wrapping paper. Most were like brand new. I try to only use recycled paper again and again but I figured that some of my family members aren't that into the whole ecycling thing and besides...... I was saving them from the landfill and basically recycling them. So, I threw them in the back of my car and decided to poke through the rest of the trash.
TADAH... 2 old red (just a little rusty) Tonka trucks from the 50s. They are now residing on my kitchen counters and look like they're headed to market with my little cookbooks in one and pens and pencils in the other.
What a find
You can bet I will check out these crazy wasteful people on a regular basis.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  07:27:55 AM  Show Profile
michele, that's awesome! i'm always embarrassed to look at others trash, but am now wishing i had at some points... it's always amazing what people throw away! i can't believe someone would get rid of those tonka trucks! they must not realize how much those things are worth...
last year we were standing in my friend's garage and i was poking through a trash pile her parents had set in there... and i also found some wonderful christmas stuff! so i traded my friend.... there were these adorable santa ornaments her parents were throwing away, so i traded her my snowman ornaments for them... because she loves snowmen and i love old fashioned santas! i also got some fun confetti and ribbon out of the deal, too. but christmas paper is so expensive now and usually i can't find anything i really like. so to find it free is always a good deal, and recycling and keeping these nice things out of the landfills.... yeah! that's what i will remember whenever i find a good trash pile... i'm doing the earth a favor by recycling these things...

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  07:29:15 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alee

Elizabeth- I have the matching cup and saucer!! I love it!!

Alee

you have the same one?! awesome! i love this cup and saucer! when i drink out of it, i feel all sophisticated. i think it's just beautiful... i swear my tea tastes better in this cup!

- Guy Clark

- Charles Dudley Warner

Edited by - prairie_princess on Aug 08 2009 07:29:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  09:42:29 AM  Show Profile
Found this cookie jar fro $2 at a garage sale and I love it!
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:08:37 AM  Show Profile
I found some old pots like that in a barn when I moved to the farm where I live now. I was using one for tea water, and then my mom, who is very much into health issues, told me that using aluminum to cook in was terrible for your health; heavy metals in your blood and all that. So I quit using the older aluminum things. Some of mine have become flower pots, though.....

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fabulous Finds!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page