Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Knock! Knock! Anybody home?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Knock! Knock! Anybody home? Next Topic  

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  05:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Sure has been quiet here at the farm (I mean, the MJF website). Yesterday for the first time since I became a sister I clicked on Active Topics and....there were none. I was astonished. But then I started thinking....
Being the hardworking farmgirls we are, we are busy puttin' up beans, canning peaches, lovin ' hubby's, whippin' up breakfast, fixin' boo-boo's, takin' dips in the lake, trollin' for trout, sewin' up worn spots, mendin' tears, and wipin' tears, washin' laundry and hangin' it out to dry. We're pettin' dogs, and gatherin' eggs, chasin' kids and swattin' flies. Pickin' flowers and pullin' weeds... okay, well that might just be my day....

what's keepin' YOU busy lately?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~

Edited by - deeredawn on Aug 05 2009 06:41:11 AM

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dawn -

Although I don't live on a farm, I do live in the country and there is always too much to do. My boyfriend has a huge garden and also keeps bees. In the summer months we show antique farm engines (hit & miss) at farm shows and fairs, plus I work full time in an office. So, the time goes quick. It was nice chatting with you!

Luanne
beekeepersgirl
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dawn,
I work 40 hours per week in an office, volunteer at my church and I am also canning and freezing whatever I can buy at our local produce auction.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:27:50 AM  Show Profile
Yep same here, washing clothes, cleaning house, washing clothes,cooking, studying for my lessons for wed. nite youth, sewing and washing clothes(I have boys and boy do they dirty the clothes ) feedin animals, gathering eggs, gathering veggies and well what ever else happens to come at me each day! But I sure enjoy the farm life and wouldnt trade it for a thing! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Ya'll, I have been up since 4:30 this morning. I guess the full moon got me going. I have already baked 7 dozen zuc muffins and am now baking 9-10 dozen whole wheat rolls. All this while I picked a bushel of field peas, a 5 gallon bucket of okra and I still need to pick corn. I will take all this to the market this afternoon. Plus milked the goats, fed the chickens, dogs and cats. And it's just 9:40 A.M.! Geeze, I can do so much more because I won't leave here til 2:00. But I am waiting on the rolls to all get done and I have 2 more trays to go.

I went to the market Monday, too. So that's an all day thing with picking in the morning and being at the market the rest of the afternoon. But so much fun. I love going.

Yesterday I went shopping! I haven't been in so long. I went to Tractor Supply and Aldi's and K-mart and Biglots. I got Kansas, my 6 year old grand, her school supplies. That was fun. School starts Friday!!

Have a great Wednesday, ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Aug 05 2009 06:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
I'm exhausted just reading what you've done. I'm glad you got to go shopping and enjoy yourself. You go girl!!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:54:36 AM  Show Profile
It is harvest in full swing! Busy busy farmgirls, wow. Kris, you get amazing things done! Pantry and freezer filling up, garden emptying out, well, except the beans and tomatoes are getting ready to explode and I think the corn is threatening too. Life is good, and busy, but I smile like a maniac, pick and put by, and take my aspirin so I can keep going. :)

Funny story moment? I went to the dr. finally (I'm stubborn) to check out my hand. Tendonitis. She asked me what I do in a day, and we had a good laugh. "Do you go like this (rotating motion) a lot?" "I'm a full time mom in the summer...as I pictured the exact movement scrubbing a sink full of freshly dug/pulled carrots, screwing lids on batches of hot jam and goodies, twisting out a clump of weeds to get all the roots..." Lots of laughter. At least it wasn't arthritis, yet. :) Boy, do I appreciate being able to do what we do, and worry when something slows it all down. Such a simple movement is so integral to my farmgirl life.

Take your calcium! :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Dawn~
I know what you mean, seems like things are in Full swing around here as well.. I am reading a lot of posts but not really landing.... Miss you~ Hope you are sending some of the rain this way....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

www.ruralandraw.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  09:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- Oh I sympathize! I have tendonitis in my wrist and my elbow!! It can be soo painful! The wrist brace really helps and sleeping with it up on a pillow helps too.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  1:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
Thought about you last week when we went to Holmes County. Passed the turnoff to Nova and then I knew what a pretty part of the country you call home. Now, when I read your posts I can almost see it.
Next year I will for sure come to Spring Fling as I have my Glamper now.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Been makin things for my online store,doing some online research,lovin on the kitties (Lightning & Sassy) pamperin plants,and today I'm planting mini pumpkin seeds. Plus when it's been a little cooler I've been cutting back the morning glory vine that has taken over the backyard. Playing my banjitar at night.

http://www.mandochicks.com
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  3:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Banjitar? Do tell. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Is that a combination of a banjo and guitar?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  6:16:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm taking a nap because just reading about how hard all you farmgirls are working has made me exhausted!!!!
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  6:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you just used up all the energy in one day that I would have used to get me through to Christmas! Wow, you amaze me! I've been doing lots of stuff, but it's all stuff I can do sitting down or with limited effort. I've gotta get my blood count back up and my MS under control before I do anything too strenuous. So, planning next year's garden and stocking up items for my online store are taking up my time right now. I've been doing good amount of sewing, (or cutting out) trying to get some purses made so that I can offer them for sale on my website.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  05:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh thank goodness! Because I thought ya'll had gotten board with this! hahaha! It was so weird to see no active posts! Now, I really should take heed and get busy sewing too because the holidays will be here before you know it!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:26:39 AM  Show Profile
It sure has been a very busy summer. I have been working on thoroughly cleaning this house. Washing windows, changing curtains, painted my daughter's room. I have reorganized and completely cleaned out our storage room in the basement. You could barely walk in there before and now it looks great. Now it's time to prepare lessons for our new homeschool year while working in the garden, too. Our gardens in the Northeast are a little behind this year because it was cool for too long.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  1:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Kris: Don't beat yourself for not getting things done. Medical problems make us listen to them first. Simplify as much as possible and don't do too much. When I found out I had fibromyalgia and arthritis, the occupational therapist told me to write down what I do in a day. She laughed and said, you will be able to do half that. I didn't believe her immediately. 5 shoulder surgeries, two knee surgeries and a broken leg later I see what she means. We just half to focus on just a few things at a time. It slows me down but I still can do some. I'm glad I'm not on the big farm anymore. But my life is full and friends and farmgirls sure help. I love the sisterhood and communicating by e-mail.

Bonnie Ellis #298
bonnieellis@comcast.net

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile
Knock, knock.
Who's there?

All of us!
All of us who?

All of us who are so busy but still love this website! Do not fear! We are here.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Knock! Knock! Anybody home? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page