Page: of 2

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  05:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Just popping in to say hello and Happy New Year to you all. We made it thru the holidays fine. Of course there were times of great sadness but overall we were all just very thankful to be together. We had one "Christmas" on Dec 18th. My husband works on a two week schedule and was to be leaving Dec 22. So we had our big celebration then. It was wonderful. All 6 of my children and their spouse/s.o., my mom and us. We had wonderful food. My mom made the dressing. My husband cooked all the meat (fried turkey, smoked ham) and we had plenty of food and visiting. Then we got together with my two brothers and families on Christmas and the day after.

My mom is doing remarkably well. She misses my Dad terribly but it is also like a horrible weight of worry has been lifted off her. She is a different person. So much less stressed. What a terrible time she went thru - my dad had been sick for 25 years. He is in a better place and she can cease waiting on that moment when he crossed over.

Thank each of you for your kindnesses. Blessing to each of you!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  10:03:51 AM  Show Profile
Happy New year to you and your family, Susan. God bless you for loving your family and taking care of them so well. I am glad your mom is getting some long deserved rest. And you, I am sure, have stars in your crown!
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  12:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello
I am also sort of new. I have been a memeber for a while but forgot my user name and password. Finally figured it out today.Geez.
I have a small sheep farm in Western Washington State. I have also been a stay at home mom and loved every minute of it. My 3 kids that are grown and I have 7 granchildren.
I spin my wool, make soap, knit, garden, do rug hooking, quilting and have done basket making however not for a while.
I am almost 61 and have been married to my husband for 41 years.
I participated in the Premiere Issue Round Robin. It was really fun.
I think your words to live by are great and I totally agree.
Hope to participate more now that I have my password
Robin near Mt. Rainier in Washington

" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  6:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin, from a fellow Washingtonian. You live in a beautiful part of the state! Glad you've joined in. Look forward to hearing more from you.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  10:47:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome. We are waiting for the snow tonite but live in kind of a banana belt here so don't always get snow when everyone else does. I love snow. So I hope we get a little.
Robin

" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  07:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello all -
I have a friend who has a poem about the beach above her computer. Somewhere in that poem are her passwords, and if she forgets any of them, she just looks at the poem and it reminds her. If I did this, I would go through every darn word of the poem trying to remember what word I chose! :) But it works for her. My father-in-law also chose a word that is written on some appliance nearby. That helps him remember and it also probably helped him decide when he was choosing in the first place. What I find hardest to remember is the questions that only you know the answer to, when a password is being verified. I can NEVER remember the question I posed! Sorry, I guess I am waxing too eloquently on the joys of my senior moments!

Welcome Shepherdess, I look forward to hearing about your many projects Your farm home must look so cozy with all the hand-made things you do in your life.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  07:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin!
Sounds like you belong here with the rest of us. So glad to get to know another Washingtonian! I am hoping to learn to hook rugs this winter. Got a frame at a yard sale this summer and don't know how to set it up so I will have to go to a craft store to learn how. I have lots of wool scraps to use up so am really excited about the possibilities.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Here!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page