Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Two young bucks outside my bedroom window!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Two young bucks outside my bedroom window! Next Topic  

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Without even the decency to wait until dusk...! LOL!

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Marianne:
Just beautiful. I would have been so excited to see them! I loved seeing the pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  8:26:05 PM  Show Profile
Marianne:
Just beautiful. I would have been so excited to see them! I loved seeing the pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  03:59:53 AM  Show Profile
I always enjoy seeing them too Marly! Of course I *DO* wish it were from more of a distance... LOL! I see about 6 to 8 deer daily, love it when they are in the meadow, or down in the lower field by the river. Not so much when they are just outside the kitchen window, in the gardens next to the house, or in the orchard. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  05:31:22 AM  Show Profile
What pretty pictures!! When I saw your title, I thought of two guys outside your window! hehehe...

I have a doe with two fawns out close to my barn but can't get a pic of her.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  05:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Aw, the 4-legged kind! They are so handsome, too. Are they eating your garden up?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  11:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Deer are such majestic creatures. Wonderful pictures! I hope they don't eat your garden.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  8:29:02 PM  Show Profile
They are beautiful, but I hope they didn't eat anything you like! The deer tend to munch on my landscaping & garden here. I haven't caught any in the yard for awhile now, maybe they are dining at the neighbors!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  09:31:12 AM  Show Profile
They have eaten my daylilies and hosta to the ground, taken all the apples and peaches they can reach, and delight in nipping off the daisy buds the night before they would bloom...They came up on the front porch and ate my petunias and a big old geranium too! They are bold as brass, they even *snort* indignantly at me when I shoo them off! Fortunately my hubby has built a fantastic "Fort Knox" fence around the veggies and nothing has been able to breech it this year! :-)

Farmgirl Sister #661

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Two young bucks outside my bedroom window! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page