Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  12:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have one of these? My parents have grown wheat this year and we'd like to try grinding some of our own with a friend's mill but we are trying to figure out how to clean it and how, exactly, to use it since they don't appear to have a manual for it anymore...and they haven't used it in many, many years. If someone has any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com

anniecat
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Michigan
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  2:42:58 PM  Show Profile
I don't have Marathon Uni Mill- I have an All Grain A-22 stone mill, plus I have 2 Family Grain Mills (steel burr) to attached to my Ktec/Kitchenetics Mixers & a Family Grain Mill Flaker. Plus I just recently received a set of new in their box, never used grinding stones from around the mid-70's, to build a grain mill with (newest pet project-lol).

Needless to say, I've done a lot of research on various mills over the past few years. There is not a lot of info on Marathon Uni Mills, but they are very similar to the classic Magic Mill. The gal who runs this site put up pretty good instructions: http://preparedldsfamily.blogspot.com/2009/07/wood-magic-mill-with-stone-grinder.html
I have some pretty good pictures of various Uni Mills that I've saved from online auctions & such, so if you think those might help, I could email them to you.

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Marathon Uni Mill? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page