True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  10:30:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I usually like cleaning...at least most of the time. One job I really dislike is cleaning the car. I did a very thorough cleaning yesterday. It actually took me several hours. I tried to clean the floor mats with a hose and cleanser on my driveway, but finally had to give up and wash them in the bathtub. What a horrible, grungy job! I finally finished when it started to get dark.

Just wondering...what cleaning job do you dislike?
Joyce

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Dusting, I have ALOT of knick knacks, and where I live, the dust can get incredible. But, I refuse to give them up, they all tell a story, and the memories are wonderful.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile
The refrigator and cubboards and mopping floors and I'm not to thrilled when I clean the bathroom. Drive down here and I'll clean your car if you want to clean my house. It's not dirty but it could always use a good cleaning.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  12:47:53 PM  Show Profile
The bathroom. I hate it. That's probably why I clean it every other day so I don't throw up at the least little yuk.

I also hate wiping down woodwork and kitchen cabinets. BOOOOORING!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  12:48:56 PM  Show Profile
It's a deal, Diane!

I don't mind cleaning bathrooms at all. Just cleaned my fridge this morning...don't mind that job either. I do floors on my hands and knees, the old-fashioned way, so it's not my favorite chore...but it's still better than the car.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  1:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Cleaning in general bums me out. If I had to pick one aspect though, it would be dusting. I own too much junk! I need to embrace the simple living lifestyle and declutter. People think my house looks like a museum.....maybe thats not good!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  2:10:12 PM  Show Profile
I'd have to agree, I'd rather have a tooth pulled than dust. And my daughter just moved out, she was the duster, so it may not be done again for ages!

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  2:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, from my experience in Lancaster, CA, the wind never (and I mean never) stops blowing. No wonder all the dust! I know what you mean about knick knacks--I have that problem too with the dust blowing and it creeping in everywhere.

Good Luck,
Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Definitely scrubbing the shower stall!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Shoot girls! If yall split up my week of dish doings, I will clean every one of yalls bathrooms! I LOATHE with a capital "L" dishes.

UGH!!
lol
hugs

Jessie

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  7:12:39 PM  Show Profile
I got your dishes...no problemo!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  7:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Betty, I've lived here for the better part of 36 years now on my ranch, and yes the wind does blow, but I got to tell you, this year with the extreme heat we are having and the wind with it, it is like a dust bowl. Normaly, I have enough vegatation to hold the dirt down, but all my plants , trees and gardens are having a rough time, even the pastures that are on irrigation, I have never watered as much as I have this year.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  9:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree- I hate dishes because they rarely feel done!! Talk about no job satisfaction! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  05:26:31 AM  Show Profile
Mopping :) I don't mind dishes at all (of course we don't have children so I know things would probably be different if we did). My honey takes care of the bathroom :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile
I don't like doing dishes. Like Alee said, they never get really done. When my kids were little, I had a terrible time getting dishes done. My girlfriend would come over and bring me her ironing and she would do my dishes. Kitchen sure got a mess waiting for next weeks ironing. LOL
Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  07:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Nice trade of Belle, wish I had someone close that would trade with me!

I hate dusting, hated it when I was little and it was my chore then. Probly cuz my mom didn't want to so she made me! I wait till I'm having company or Christmas when I'm putting out the decorations.

Not to crazy about dishes either, but I do have a dish washer so it's not so bad. I let the pots and pans stack up sometimes, just for a day or so, all that my small kitchen will allow.
What I really hate is washing them up, then doing a bunch of cooking or baking then having all these dishes to do again! Even if I'm washing as I go, I still end up with a counter full, and then I just leave them till the next day, too tired after all the cooking! lol

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://ranchmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  11:15:13 AM  Show Profile
Dusting & Vacuuming...TOo many dogs & too much dust, so never looks clean
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  11:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa- I can sympathize. There is something about the job looking "done" and then the jobs that never seem done...like dishes, laundry and vacuuming...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  8:41:02 PM  Show Profile
I hate the vaccum. I don't even think I spell the word correctly, and I refuse to learn the correct spelling. I would rather clean five toilets than to push that darn thing around. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  09:17:46 AM  Show Profile
i'm not so fond of doing laundry... although now i feel it's more enjoyable because i have a clothesline and i love any excuse to get me outside. i just hate folding so many dang clothes! to conserve water and power, i only do laundry about once a week, sometimes waiting longer in between loads, so i ensure a full load. so i always have a TON of laundry. i especially hate pairing and folding socks - i've left that chore to my hubby now!

most other chores i don't mind too much, though i'd much rather do something else. but especially if i can crank up the stereo and listen to some music, i'm fine with chores. although the month like this one when my hubby works late at night and sleeps during the day are not fun because i can't listen to the stereo.... :(

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Mucking out the utility room!! It's a big room and that is on purpose . . for my canned goods, other pantry stuff, laundry, sewing machine, boots and shoes, coats, hats, etc.
But when it is time to clean it . . . it's major overhaul!!!

I don't mind cleaning so much, in general, unless I just don't have time to do it the way it needs.

We live in a dry climate, on a gravel road . . . dusting is NEVER done!! You get everything all spic and span . . . doesn't take long to look like you never tried!!

But I just keep trying!!!

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  6:06:04 PM  Show Profile
Vaccuming. I detest it!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  6:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Ditto Marly I hate to vaccume too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  6:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, FARMGIRLS . . . there is hope!
I mucked out my utility room on Wednesday . . . boy do I feel better!!!!
Don't know when it'll get done again, but for now it's clean!!!!

I need a new vacuum cleaner too . . . the one I have is getting tired and now working as well as it needs to. (Sounds like I feel. .)

On to the next cleaning task . . . whatever that might be.
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  2:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It's got to be the bathroom for me.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  4:51:48 PM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning everything! I would probably say the shower/tub is tops on the hate it list.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Least favorite cleaning job Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page